newbie with majer problems

robby1982

Reaction score
hi all i need help baught an audi a3 1.6se 2001 new mot suns fine drove fine with no problems in the drybut had problems in the wet so a friend said to check the tie rod arms and low and behold the passanger tie rod arm was bent so bought 1 of them and fitted it but had to cut the tie rod end nut off as it was just spinning in the socket so replaced that to,but the problem i have now is the car runs fine but when im drivin it the abs is kicking in on the passenger side just the passenger front!!!! wich makes the car pull towards the kerb but this is wile im driving along without touching the brakes but no warning lights come on the dash and also the car loses all power randumly the car worked fine before this so please any help is greatly appreciated

Sounds like your ABS wheel sensor is damaged and not picking up the signal from hub ring, but I would have thaught the ABS light would come on unless that is faulty too, try taking the wheel off and giving the sensor and pick up ring on the hub a clean, good luck fella.

thanks for the reply ive tried that lol but going to buy a new sensor tomorrow also forgot to say since changing the tie rod the steering wheel is well out its nealy a quarter of a turn out would that make a difference o and i pulled the fuse on the abs system the abs light stays on and it chimes with a warning simbal apprers on the lcd so the warning is working so im starting to get very confused

Hmm! possibly a false reading from the sensor then I spose.