Rear toe adjustment, not enough!

jk_s3

Reaction score
hi guys, recently fitted some of s3 dave's adjustable rear camber arms and had the geometery done on my car today, i asked for the rear camber to be set at -0.5 degrees, this is possible with the adjustable arms but it throws the rear toe out so much it cannot be adjusted anymore, what has everyone else done about this? it looks to me like the trailing arm mount is hitting the chassis hence why it cant move anymore, can the bracket be trimmed? thanks

Are there a list of settings that you guys have been asking for or do you just walk in and ask for a 4 wheel alignment and let tem do their thing?

If you don't ask for specific settings, the operator usually goes for factory setting or if the car seems obviously lower than standard, they will probably set your toe up front to parallel.

i took my r32 a few years ago to be aligned and went away with it goin down the road like a crab turned out i had a buckled back wheel might be worth checking

I don't really want to bad mouth awesome gti but not everything was adjusted by them, but they just tried to get the front within the tolerances. Westle in my thread there is a link to some geometry settings thread with tried and tested settings. I didn't mention them to awesome though and let tgem do their thing.

forgot to mention the car is lowered on eibach springs,

yes s3dave it is only the n/s/r that is out of spec,

i asked for paralell toe front and rear, -1.1 camber on the front and -0.5 camber on the rear.

There is a plastic cap inside the chassis leg where the rear trailing arm mounts that can be removed, this allows slightly more adjustment to the toe, although if it is only out on one side then your rear subframe may need recentring as dave says.

I had to swap my arms from top to bottom or the other way round and that sorted mine its that long since I did It ive forgot lol

When you say the subframe needs centering is that a case of undoing the subframe mounts and giving the subframe a nudge then doing them up again? or is it a bit more technical than that?

Yes they should be a slight adjustment, just measure both sides from a fixed point on the car..
Are your trailing arm bushes ok, if they are worn they could be leaning a bit?