S3 Decat. What power increase? and will it make it too loud?

Luke S3

Reaction score
Hi i have just got an S3 210 which has been remapped at AMD to apparently 270bhp. if i was to get a decat pipe would it give me much of a gain and also would it make it much louder? i have a completely standard exhaust at the minute and i quite like that it is quiet. thanks luke

270 is virtually never possible with just a remap, its sales pitch talk. But with a downpipe n decat you may have a tiny increase, but I mean negligible between numerous dyno runs. What you will get is improved throttle response, increased early spool, and power and torque for longer. With a good twin box cat back it might not b3 very loud, and millteks have quiet large backboxes remember. Lot of people have them, so can't be that loud.

Last edited:
thanks. dont know what the map is i have at the minute i only have the reciept i dont have a rolling road printout. i did have a race with a 225bhp s3 though with a full exhaust and an air filter and mine was a lot faster than that so god knows what its running. maybe my first point of call is to find a local 4wd rolling road and get a power run done. are there any cheap mods that make a difference to power?

This is a Badger5 TIP
e38ffb13.jpg
I have a Milltek Cat Back and Decat... And I get a nice little burble

Ok thanks. So what is so special about this intake pipe? Is it just oversized so you get a better flow therefore more power? How much are they too?

Pretty Impressive stuff. 20bhp from a pipe lol.. Seems crazy but clearly works. So how much are these pipes to buy?