Door Handle Inop!!

mel_man

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has experienced an outer door handle randomly stop working?
Il take the doorcard off tmrw to see if theres anything obvious but otherwise im thinking door lock?

Cheers people

Mines the same mate... I've been leaning out of the window to open my drivers door for the last 3 months. Hopefully you just need the cable which 8 quid from the stealers. I bought one put it on and mine still doesn't work even though it had snapped. So I just put doorcard back on and thought f@@k it lol. I've got bigger fish to fry at the moment:confused:

haha! thankfulls its the passenger door for me! its the outer handle so i have to open it from the inside to let my mrs in... or not depending on my mood!

cecil - you havent put the little clip thing that holds the cable in place back on properly!! did the same thing to a mates car lol, theres a little clip that stops the cable from sliding back and forward when you pull the handle!

mel - how long has it been like it? didnt happen when we had all that ice/snow did it?

cecil - you havent put the little clip thing that holds the cable in place back on properly!! did the same thing to a mates car lol, theres a little clip that stops the cable from sliding back and forward when you pull the handle!

I will have a look at that it's really starting to p@@s me off now lol....

i forgot to update the thread!! i took the doorcard off, removed the few bolts that holds the entire window & inner door skin... and found a little pin rattling around in the bottom of the door!! slide the pin back into the pivot behind the handle... sorted!!