Electric Window Problem

a3arranboy

Reaction score
Hii,just bought and audi a3 tdi and none of my electric windows are working! anyone got any clues of how to fix my problem?

You'll need to buy window motors. Cos all mine need changing too.

pure unluckiness I guess a3arranboy

My window clip broke which essential broke my window - took your door card off and had a look bud?

yeah sounds like the switch mate i fitted some components in my r32 and forgot to connect it back up only noticed the nx day was wounded

but all the windows stopped working

I've got the same problem on my passenger side, won't work at all. The motor makes a slight noise when you press the switch but no movement. I've had the door card off and checked the clips which are fine, I'm presuming the motor has gone.
Has anyone changed one before?

cheers for feed back guys! had doorcards off but everything was connected and looked ok! will try changin switch and see how it goes! they arent even making a noise when a try and both windows aint working at all!

@ artranboy check the fuse first mate then the switch no point gettin a new switch if its just the fuse! @stean sounds like the motors fine if

its makin a noise and if the clips are ok its gotta be the cables u can buy a kit from most motor factors but id give it a mechanic as its a ****

of a job!!!

do you know where to find the fuse as i dont have a fuse diagram for the car or anything like that?

There should be a diagram on the back of the panel you take off the get to the fuses ;)

Have you tried both switches (the master one on the drivers door and the one on the passenger door).

While you had the door cards off, you should have tested for power on the connector that goes to the motor with a multimeter or test light.

if they have all stopped working.

first thing i would check would be the
fuse
relay
switch/switch's
power to motor/motor's