Front Wipers

noodle

Reaction score
Just a quick one.

dealers have quoted £25.00 for two new front wipers. Does this sound about right??

Cheers
N

[ QUOTE ]
Tight wad! i could understand with tyres and clutch etc but is it worth it for £6.76 fitted? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to ask a friend to pick them up for me, from Leicester Audi. If my car had been in the garage I wouldn't have bothered looking, as your right it's only 6 squid.

Still, better the £6.76 in my pocket for a few beers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Im suprised the dealers only charged £6 mark up. Do you know how much those new type funny looking blades are and do they fit straight on?

[ QUOTE ]
Im suprised the dealers only charged £6 mark up. Do you know how much those new type funny looking blades are and do they fit straight on?

[/ QUOTE ]

The price I was given didn't include fitting, but can't imagine they'd have charged me if I had the car with me when I picked them up.

Not sure about the blades. I have presumed I ordered the same as what is currently on the car?? Do you mean the rubber strip blades? Don't know what they are like.

Anybod know?

All the new audis from 04> including TT's have different type wiper arms and blades. Im sure i saw someone with them fitted? They look wierd but work very well!

aero wipers fitted some to my S3 work better than the original wipers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif also changed the rear to aero style /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bosch ones from Halfords do the job for me.

got mine in a group buy around £50 for the front wipers and arms £13 ish for the rear from vag parts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Aero wipers on my S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

27702-wipers.jpg

How good? On a scale of 1-10? Need a new set myself. Where do you get 'em from?

[ QUOTE ]
Thats a rather bling tax disc holder there Joe? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The wipers are suppose to be more aerodynamic, and prevents them from lifting off the screen like the original ones do when in action at speeds of 70mph+, they obviously look the part and perform at least as good as the normal wipers when they are new - I have yet to where these ones out yet, so maybe some feedback from other would be nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Well, I tested mine at 200kph and while they smeared a little, they still cleared the wiper fluid off of the screen. Whereas, the std wipers completely lifted off the glass at anything over 150-160 kph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I've also noticed that (When new) the Aero-wipers are much quieter than std.
I've had these on my TQ for over a year now and will say that I prefer them to the std ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I took pics of my install. They start HERE and continue to the next page.

Hope it helps.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif