ideas to mod my a3

90jb11

Reaction score
hi im thinking bout modding up my a3 but i dont no what will be most effective to make it look good any help
thanks

nice set of wheels, nothing too big though and lower it... that will get you on the road to the car looking good.
Maybe put some pictures up of the car and people can you give you some ideas

thanks im getting some alloyy refurbed and painted black that will make it look good i hope

cheers

Depends what engine its got in it, facelift or pre facelift?

its a 1.8 sport this is it
2739-my-car.jpg

Guess so Liam, but you know how much of a misery I am :p

You got that steering wheel off yet? :whip:

lol, no not yet, I need to buy a new wheel first otherwise I maybe in a bit of trouble when it comes to corners!

its a 1.8 sport this is it
2739-my-car.jpg

Personally, I wouldnt bother modding the engine at all, I would lower it and like you have already said, paint the wheels black. should look pretty cool after that. maybe if you want to go that one step further, fit s3 bumpers?
You could paint the front grill surround black too

lol, no not yet, I need to buy a new wheel first otherwise I maybe in a bit of trouble when it comes to corners!

Girlpants, I drove a car to work and back for 3 days with a set of mole grips clamped on the splines after finding out the splines were twisted and the wheel not going back on :yes:

Might be down your way soon, I'll let you know if I'm about and we could go for some beers in Petey'?

Girlpants, I drove a car to work and back for 3 days with a set of mole grips clamped on the splines after finding out the splines were twisted and the wheel not going back on :yes:

Might be down your way soon, I'll let you know if I'm about and we could go for some beers in Petey'?

your mad!

Yeah sounds good matey

Yeah seconded on the grill surround, that's the first thing needs doing. Chrome = work of the devil. Also debadge but DO NOT CARRY ON if you find some mug has superglued them on. I learnt this the hard way. Black facelift headlights are a shout too, I've got a set of original facelift lights you can have for the right money and pull part to paint the insides black? Whatever you do just don't put gopping Halfords-special wheels on.

right so what are the original lights like and im not putting crappy halfords wheels on i want all audi parts

Reactions: Gt3Ian and DESTROY
iv looked at some s3 bumpers but iv bin told you need to have the side wings cus the bumpers flare out more and there bit exspensive but not saying i wont get them

Yup I'd say coilovers, nice set of wheels then stay oem but see what higher spec model parts you can get

iv looked at some s3 bumpers but iv bin told you need to have the side wings cus the bumpers flare out more and there bit exspensive but not saying i wont get them

Don't bother, you'll just look a fool when people assume you have a fast car and try to race you everywhere. Thats like sticking an M-Power badge on a 318I...

The facelift lights are much nicer! Indicators are all built in whereas I think pre-facelift they're separate? Don't quote me on that though...

send me a pic of the lights and i will see what i think if i like them can sort out payment if you want :)

New wheels for a start, civic type R stubby aerial, S3 bumpers

Don't bother, you'll just look a fool when people assume you have a fast car and try to race you everywhere. Thats like sticking an M-Power badge on a 318I...

I beg to differ, I have an s3 bumper on my car... I think putting an s3 badge on a non-s3 is wrong but nothing wrong with the bumpers. not many people can tell the difference!

I'd say your S3 bumper is ok, because your car is quicker than a stock S3 so if anybody has a pop you could still see them off. You should put a TDI badge on the back of your A3, false badging that way FTW.

was thinking of splitting my lights is it hard ? need to change mine as the indicators are seperate and headlights look like frosted glass due to

stone chipsjust got a black s3 and was gonna vinyl wrap the front-rear badge and the grill surround today but its raining :(

..Chrome = work of the devil..love it lol!!! how hard is it to remove grill surround badges???

did you send some pic it wont let my see them x

X's on the end of messages to my girlfriend are not cool.

-

Yeah its pretty easy to split the lenses, I'd suggest popping them in an oven to warm them up and then gently using a screwdriver to pry them apart. Or you can use a putty knife. Whilst they are apart follow the thread on here about polishing them back up, if they are lightly scratched of faded you can bring them back to a clear finish.

Removing the grill surround on a pre facelift is pretty easy, when I did ours I used a thin knife and managed to do it without breaking any clips. It pulls out to the bottom of the grille, you have to kind of slide it out all in one go. The rings on the grille will come off with a gentle pry from a knife, but you will have to push the clips in a little as you work your way round.

Yeah its pretty easy to split the lenses, I'd suggest popping them in an oven to warm them up and then gently using a screwdriver to pry them apart. Or you can use a putty knife. Whilst they are apart follow the thread on here about polishing them back up, if they are lightly scratched of faded you can bring them back to a clear finish.

Removing the grill surround on a pre facelift is pretty easy, when I did ours I used a thin knife and managed to do it without breaking any clips. It pulls out to the bottom of the grille, you have to kind of slide it out all in one go. The rings on the grille will come off with a gentle pry from a knife, but you will have to push the clips in a little as you work your way round.[/QUOTE]

ive been looking into it on youtube ect cause its something i wanna do just think it will transform the look of the front end and will

compliment blacking out all the chrome! just building the courage to do it and need to get some new lights first as they look way beyond

repair i also want the 1s with integrated indicators would you recomend paint or wraping them in vinyl (headlights)???

1 things for sure when i do them ill take plenty of pics for other newbies :sm4:

nice! wanted to keep the oem look but these look tempting. what does the hid kit do?

nice! wanted to keep the oem look but these look tempting. what does the hid kit do?

Takes it from standard H7 bulbs to HID filaments, which are much brighter and clearer. With a 7K bit you'd get a white light with a little bit of blue instead of the yellowy haze the stock bulbs give.

oh i think its got them all ready ;) they are mega bright white with i hint of blue well that saves a few pennies on the plus side.

X's on the end of messages to my girlfriend are not cool.

-

Removing the grill surround on a pre facelift is pretty easy, when I did ours I used a thin knife and managed to do it without breaking any clips. It pulls out to the bottom of the grille, you have to kind of slide it out all in one go. The rings on the grille will come off with a gentle pry from a knife, but you will have to push the clips in a little as you work your way round.

bit of an update removed the grill today which no1 had glued thank god and used matt black vinyl on the badge and suround to get rid of

the chrome i even did the s3 badge then done a few nifty cuts so its black now with tiny s3 letters i wanted to delete it but gf said no lol

took lots of pics so posibly do a how to when i have the time p.s. thx for the help :thumbsup:

ive just done my audi, 1.8 s , black grill at front and black wheels, ihave some more pics if you want to see

in my younger days i have gone for body kits huge alloys etc how ever now days i prefer subtle. id say go with the face lift lights, lower it a bit but not slam it. audi alloys then put the rest of your money into tuning. there nothing like a wolf in sheeps clothing