Alloy Top Mounts

Plunky

Reaction score
Morning everyone.

Basically my top mounts are shagged and knocking around a lot so have been looking at some alternatives.
I have found some solid alloy top mounts and was wondering what people opinions would be on these over crappy standard ones that fail every 6 months.
Do the alloy ones knock about as there is actually any rubber between them and the strut top?
Also, I am gradually turning the car into a track car, so dont have to worry about it being comfortable.

Any help would be great.

cheers

Liam

I went for fanfare ones when I did my suspension but that's because I use my car every day and wanted comfort. If like you I was building a track car I would go for the alloy top mounts. The happy medium is the LCR top mounts which are firmer rubber then the standard ones.

I looked at getting a LCR ones but couldnt justify the cost of them, when no doubt they will fail sooner than alloy ones.

Does anybody know how they work? do they knock at all when fitted? cant imagine they will, but just want to clarify

Has anybody fitted anything like these to their car? just looking for some kind of feedbackon them, not a lot of info on the net.