Does It Stay Or Does It Go..?

shagga

Reaction score
Guys,
I have a massive dilemma. I have an AMD chipped S3 but am getting really ****** off loading my newborn and wife into the back seats. I am considering upgrading to an RS4 and wanted feedback. I will throw this to RS4 forum also. I think I know the answers tho...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Well, I guess if it is getting difficult, and you can afford it, the RS4 is the obvious choice. Or S4, and modify it up to somewhere near RS4 spec.

OR always use the wifes car when taking the baby anywhere, and make sure the wifes car is 4/5 doors.

AL

sell the S3 to me and buy the RS4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I do put the bird in the back and the sprogg in the front with airbag off. All I want is for one of you guys to confirm I must have the RS4 immediately. Even the wife is in agreement .... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif I think she must be shagging the milkman...again. ! I'm meeting with my Audi sales guy this afternoon to give mine the once over and will keep you all posted.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Golf Bygone said:
£13k is a p*ss in the ocean these days - and think how much better it will make you, baby and mummy feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmm, you have too much cash Golf Bygone, please send it too..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

But, oh yeah, if you afford the RS4 and running costs, then go for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Errm dont want to urinate on anyones parade here but...

Used Rs4s are £38k up
£13k cash leaves £26ish to pay
S3s are nice cars but even on the open market it isnt going to make £25k

I think you're going to need £18k cash.

Crafty,

Very true. Which is why I said "if you can afford it". RS4's are still a very expensive car, even s/h. But maybe Shagga can afford it? Lucky bastid! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AL

Crafty,
You are correct on price (£38,975.00). I have £6k put by and will need on my estimation another £13k to be 'SAFE'. I've looked at my S3 being worth around £23k but I will obviously need spare cash for the hike in insurance and any extra's I can afford.

Dealers's offered me £23,750.00....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
shagga said:
Dealers's offered me £23,750.00....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats ****** good!

Rich

That's a damn good price Shagga! Out of interest, did you declare the mods (alloys aside, guess they might have noticed those /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ) to the dealer and did it make a difference to the price?

Just means the dealers making a lot on the RS4, or the RS4 is overpriced(?)

Can never understand people who buy from main dealers! Sell the S3 privately and hunt around for the bargain RS4!

D.

[ QUOTE ]
dans3 said:
Just means the dealers making a lot on the RS4, or the RS4 is overpriced(?)

Can never understand people who buy from main dealers! Sell the S3 privately and hunt around for the bargain RS4!

D.

[/ QUOTE ]

Warranty! (especially if its out of th original warranty) and got more of a com,e back from main dealers.

Rich

Looks like you're getting a good trade Shagga.

I recently traded my 3dr A3 for a second hand Passat v6 (that's all we lower-class citizens can afford!).

Make sure you get the car inspected thoroughly by someone you can trust. The passat is my second VAG car. My A3 had an oil leak coming from the rear of the rocker cover gasket. I had that replaced under warranty.

I was lucky to get the Passat from a dealer. I managed to find a clean bodied car on my own, but didn't spot the oil leaks or the broken engine mounts (I thought it was simply a different feel to the clutch). I've just had the rear main seal and another seal (internal to the engine and near the crankshaft) replaced under warranty. They also changed the lower front engine mounts since they found them split and cracked.

These are the perils of not checking the underbody thoroughly!!

Anyway, it's something to think about when shopping for that next second hand car.

Regards,

Ken