New S3, Arm rest stuck in the up postion.

millermk1

Reaction score
Alright Chaps,
After waiting for a the right s3 to come up for some time now I finally snapped one up yesterday with 48,000 on the clock. I couldn't be happier, its an absolute pleasure to drive. Drove it back the scenic route from Edinburgh, dont think there could of been a better road to see what it was capable of. All the way i was smiling and thinking to myself, will this car ever run out of grip. Il get some pics up soon.

Just one problem, the arm rest is stuck in the up position. Can anyone give me any guidance on how to fix this?

Cheers

Matt

It's a common fault. You could follow this thread AudiWorld Tech Articles

What i did was got 2 thin screw drivers, pressed the button in, put the screw drivers in both sides of the button and pushed the catches on both sides down (you will have to feel about for these, but you will know what i mean when you put the screw drivers in, it may take abit of playing about). Mine still locks when pushed fully upright but it saves me having to take the thing apart and i drive with it down anyway so unless the girlfriend is driving iv'e no problems.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I cut a piece of coat hanger to the width of the armrest ( to the same lenght including the small plastic pins on the side), heated it up over the gas hob and pushed right through, no need for drilling and will be sturdier because it is one piece, worked a treat
Oh ye, i didnt need to remove the whole armrest, get yourself sitting in the back seats and feel around for the torque screws, very easy job to fix

I am really sorry i forgot all about that with the arm rest millermk1. I really hope your happy with the car i put a lot of effort into keeping that car in A1 condition. I sent off the v5 yesterday so you should get it through the post soon.
Enjoy her, i did.

I am really sorry i forgot all about that with the arm rest millermk1. I really hope your happy with the car i put a lot of effort into keeping that car in A1 condition. I sent off the v5 yesterday so you should get it through the post soon.
Enjoy her, i did.

No worries mate, il get it sorted. Iam ordering aload of gear from polished bliss this week so i can do the same. Iam looking at getting a 3" downpipe n cat so il let you know how that goes.

Thanks for the help Buzzer and Gavin G

Useful thread as I have the same problem with my S3. I'll try and fix it tomorrow evening.

Cheers for the discussion.

All you have to do is remove it..... then sell it me for £25 and i will worry about it instead..... how couild you go wrong... :) lookin forward to the pics

No worries mate, il get it sorted. Iam ordering aload of gear from polished bliss this week so i can do the same. Iam looking at getting a 3" downpipe n cat so il let you know how that goes.

Thanks for the help Buzzer and Gavin G

Good lad, keep her looking sweet.