OHHHH MYYYY GOOOODDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!! :@ :@

audi-tk

Reaction score
IM SUCH AN IDIOT!!!!!!! LEFT MY TROLLEY JACK AND AXLE STAND IN FRONT OF THE CAR AND FORGOT!!! AND I DROVE OVER IT AND SMASHED THE SUMP OPPEN!!! SUCH AN IDIOT LOL.

how much would a new sump be roughly guys for a 1998 1.6 sport engine?? thanks

Have a look at a3's that are breaking on ebay, or have a look somewhere like Euro car parts or awesome gti

i broke my sump on my first A3....you need the sealant from Audi too, cant rem what it cost to fix though, wasnt less than 250 iirc

do i HAVE to get the sealant from audi or is the another recommendation? also TOMAS.S thanks for that post. is this a direct fit to the one i have? not sure if mine has a hoel for the oil level sensor will have to check.if some audi experts can confirm this would be great!

i sealed mine with a black silicone sump sealer i got from my local auto factors when my gasket went and it works a treat!!! i can see the point in certain audi parts an fluids like G12 and decent oil but as for sump sealant i dont see the point

thank you for replies guys! hope some1 has a second hand one be cheaper need to save money ! not ven being tight im meant to have loads of work done and gotta pay 10pund a day to get a lift! GOD. mechanic aint free till monday to fix it all as well!!

can some peopel confirm that i have a hole for the oil level indicator in my 1998 1.6?

do i HAVE to get the sealant from audi or is the another recommendation? also TOMAS.S thanks for that post. is this a direct fit to the one i have? not sure if mine has a hoel for the oil level sensor will have to check.if some audi experts can confirm this would be great!

I have never had anything I have used Audi sealant on leak... ever!!! I personally would not use anything else... I have seen the results of using other sealants in the past (they say they are sump sealants) however they have always ended up leaking...

If you want to be sure it won't leak, use the VAG stuff... if you fancy your chances to save a couple of quid then use something else...

only use a small (2mm) bead on the sump when you do it as this stuff squishes out and if you can see it on the outside you can guaranty it will be the same on the inside...

When going round the bolt holes, just go round the inside edge...

<tuffty/>

Only 2 hours if your slow.

Thing is with that Audi sealant is I'm sure it's good, but the principle of paying £25 for some sealant. So iv just always used loctite, never had a sump or rockercover leak from it, and done a fair few on cars and bikes. providing you clean up the area properly with degreaser, it won't leak. That's my experience anyway

i have removed my sump pan and refitted twice. my advice would be to use the oem sealant. All mechanics i have spoken to said to pay the extra!
My mate works for mitsubushi and the genuine sealant for the mitsi's is over £40!!

also just to add; i have a cheap £38 sump from ebay. they may vary but the one i have is a great fit and same quality as oem. may be worth considering....

thanks for post would the engine oil sensor be behind the sump? dont know if mine has one and the pasrts places dont know either :| thanks for posts

The oil leverl sensor is a fair big sensor which is located in the bottom off the sump. On the drivers side of the sump iirc

this pictures of the sump have that circuler round bit on the side of them .mine sump is flat! and there is no wires or anything going into it. ill upload a picture

If you have no wires going to the sump at all, then your need the sump without a oil level sensor hole

The ebay link I posted should be the right one for you.

epqa6u.jpg

thank u matel im thinking the one u pisted could be the one but looks different still. did you offer him a price or just buy at at 41.00?

thank you for replies guys! hope some1 has a second hand one be cheaper need to save money ! not ven being tight im meant to have loads of work done and gotta pay 10pund a day to get a lift! GOD. mechanic aint free till monday to fix it all as well!!

can some peopel confirm that i have a hole for the oil level indicator in my 1998 1.6?
No one will know except you, look under your car and see if there is a sender in the recess on the bottom of the sump secured by 3 little bolts with a wire on it

EIDT
From the pic NO oil sender is fitted

Thats not too bad. I was once driving a 306 and 1 car in front of me there was a truck with a skip on the back. A breeze block sized brick fell off the back of the truck, the car in front swerved but I didn't have enough time to react and hit it. It lifted the car up when I hit it and hit the rear of the car lifting that up too (this was all at 25mph so no loss of control). I gave a look when I got home and it had dented the sump but underneath it had split the oil pump pickup (part of the pump). It could be worse!

The damage is on the back of the sump mate where the hole for the oil plug is. That's only a small scuff on front. Some one sell me a sump please !!!

is the oil pump ucovering the oil pump? hope i havent damaged anything major ! please thank for replies guys much appreciated!!!