A couple of q's re Bose & Import s3's

Dumpvalve1

Reaction score
Website
www.bbc.co.uk
How many of the s3's were imported not personal ones but for example ones that were sold by Virgin and jamjar etc and what effect does this have on purchase/sale value of an imported car IF any? And how many of you guys have cars WITH bose upgrade and how much better is it than sandard, most seem to have bose but ive come across a couple without. Means I'll have to either purchase an in dash cd player or fit a 6 disk changer to the standard set up if its not too much trouble, cheers in advance!

I don't know about imports, but the bose is not worth the money in my opinion. If you want to change any part of a bose system, you have to replace the whole lot! You're better off getting an after market cd tuner and some decent speakers.

Bose is better, but only because the standard system is so poor. Possibly the worst sounding OEM hifi I have come across in a modern car, let alone a prestige brand like Audi. The Bose upgrade takes the sound to just about adequate, but definately not worth the £500 they charge from the factory. Bose should be the standard system and then the upgrade be something a helluva lot better.

Sounds like the bose system doesn't sound as good as i once thought it was (as apposed to their home systems), I'm going to have a look at an s3 which was originally imported as a paralell import by a car supermarket such as oneswoop and virgin, i know that these cars are everywhere now but should it make that much of a difference to affect 1) the selling price and 2) the resale value when selling on, personally i wouldn't of thought it'd make any difference but just thought id make sure with you guys, Cheers