part number / what is it / to do with esp i believe

C

colicabcadam

ok, there's a small box next to the left rear wheel which has an electronic connection and a plastic arm coming out of it that is then connected to the arb (so mechanic said) via this part here

photowj.jpg

what is it? i believe it has something to do with my esp not working, the plastic part broke and the joints on this have seized

i need a new one, or at least some spare parts for it

anyone know what it is called?

its the auto leveling arm for your xenon headlights

Last edited:
i can not confirm what it was connected to, only managed to have a quick chat with the mechanic......

but my driver side light has had a fault with the levelling for a while, so maybe it;s not related to the esp light at all!

any idea on the part number, or at least what to put in google, i am not getting much luck!

Just ask a dealer... it will be a dealer part anyway and you can give them your VIN and they will just order it in...

<tuffty/>

yep 100% a xenon levelling arm
costs about £8 on a merc so should be similar for an audi!

even if the plastic part is broke too?

If by the plastic bit you mean the arm of the sensor then its a new sensor or try and repair the arm... this is typically broken on spring changes moving the rear trailing arm down enough to get springs in or out without first removing the arm off the tie bar WILL cause the sensor arm to break at the end...

I did this on mine despite actually knowing this info before but I fixed mine with epoxy and reinforced with washer etc

<tuffty/>

If by the plastic bit you mean the arm of the sensor then its a new sensor or try and repair the arm... this is typically broken on spring changes moving the rear trailing arm down enough to get springs in or out without first removing the arm off the tie bar WILL cause the sensor arm to break at the end...

I did this on mine despite actually knowing this info before but I fixed mine with epoxy and reinforced with washer etc

<tuffty/>

doh, springs were changed, so mechanic must have done it by accident!