Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Brake Lights Stuck On!!!!

Hi all,
    I got home from work today and as i got out the car and began to walk off I noticed the brake lights were still on! First thoughts were the brake light switch was sticking so I pulled the fuse to turn them off over night so as not to kill the battery and thought id sort it at work in the morning!
    Went back to my car a minute ago and put the fuse back in, brake lights not on (ignition on), pushed the pedal a few times and the brake lights operate as normal!
    Anyone had any issues like this? If no ones got any better ideas I might get a brake light switch for a quick swap should it happen again... agreed?????
    Thanks everyone!

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Im pretty sure its the brake pedal sensor and the part is about £25 I have the same problem but haven't bothered getting it fixed!

Smell my finger.

Status
    Change the switch on the pedal.

I had to do mine not long ago and its easy. Although Euro listed 4 switches for mine so I had to buy them all and return the 3 that werent needed.

Its easy to do, although you do have to take the lower part of the dash off under the steering wheel but once thats off its not hard to change the switch. Just DO NOT PRESS THE SWITCH IN BEFORE FITTING IT.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Neutral

Status
    which fuse did you pull ive just noticed the same thing with mine! had it stick on since?
    1992 Cavalier SRi 8V RIP
    2002 Mondeo ST TDCi Good riddance!
    2000 A3 8L 17" Ronal TT, -45mm, LCR Splitter, Matt Black Badging, Soon to attempt Lamin-x headlight tints