Rear wiper not wiping !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

howard

Reaction score
Hello,
can anyone help? I got an A3 P reg and my rear wiper is not cleaning the rear window. When I activiate the window wash for the rear window the wiper sweeps over the window but it does not clean it . It is like it is not touching the rear window at all. I have changed the wiper blade and still no joy.
I hope it is not the rear wiper motor because I heard it can be expensive to replace. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Howard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

All I can think is that the spring in the wiper arm is some how faulty, seeing as the tension of the springs pushes the arm/blade against the window. Silly question perhaps, but is the nut tight which holds the arm onto the wiper motor stub?

Hmmm I will try and take the wiper a part and see. Thanks.

I recently had this problem, it is not the spring in the arm, the three wiper motor mountings are on rubber bushes, you need to adjust/loosentighten so that the wiper is tighter to the window.

Well I have got news for you guys, I had another look at the wiper and realised when I lift it off the screen and let it free fall it was not returning back to the screen. Therefore out with my WD40, sprayed around the spring and hey presto !!! It is now working again.