Small Squeak from passenger rear

DaveA3

Audi A-Trizzle!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I still have my annoying lil squeak from the passenger rear. At first i thought it was the brake caliper sticking. Turns out it wasn't sticking at all (car up in air and spinning the wheel went fine) but now ive noticed it only does it when i turn right either in reverse or forward. I have to be near full lock for it to do it ive noticed but i dunno why.

A mate of mine reckoned it might be the ball joint. Do they squeak when theyre on their way out? What else could it be if not?

i have had the bushes changed at the back so cant be those. I have a rear arb but thats only 7-8 months old with new bushes again also. Jom coilies which are just under a year old also.

Any ideas?

when it squeeks, try slight brake pressure to see if it goes, could be a slack wheel bearing allowing movement on extremes assuming all bushes were fitted correctly

its not a long squeak but ill try just press the brake lightly when it normal happens n see if it makes the same noise. would just go straight to garage but dunno wanna if its not anything to particularly worry about. cheers mate will try the brake thing first anyway