Monster MotorsportBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

S3 making strange noise VIDEO included!

Just got my car back from the garage, clutch has been replaced, new drop links, new wish bone bushes, new anti roll bar bushes tracking has been done and a new ball joint, but took the car out tonight and when i put my foot down and dont change gear, just keep the car at high revs and back off the acceleration just letting the engine slow me down, i get this strange noise, it almost like a buzzing/vibrating noise, i have added a video, any feed back would be much appreciated!

Last edited by AudiS3Quattro; 10th May 2011 at 20:32.
    2003 BAM Nogaro Blue S3, Revo Stage 2, Approx 270BHP Miltek Exhaust With THS De-cat, Neuspeed P-Flow, Forge Split-R DV, 19" Rail Daytona's 9'' Rears, 8'' Front, Stretched Tyres, Euro Look, 20mm H&R Rear Wheel Spacers, 10mm Front Wheel Spacers, H&R Springs, Chrome Mirrors, Piano Black Dash, Black Recaro Heated Leather, Xenon Headlights, LOW and WIDE!

2. # ADS
    ADS

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Dont want to alarm you but s3gaz had a similar noise when his bearings went in the turbo, basicaly the comp wheel was moving about an inch on the shaft, easily checkable with the tip off...
    Other than that check your heat shields behind the bulk head and underneath above the cats....
    I hope its something easy....

1st Gear

Status
    thanks for the quick reply, to be honest it sounds like its coming from the cat area, if it were the turbo, would there be any symptoms on spool up and boost?
    2003 BAM Nogaro Blue S3, Revo Stage 2, Approx 270BHP Miltek Exhaust With THS De-cat, Neuspeed P-Flow, Forge Split-R DV, 19" Rail Daytona's 9'' Rears, 8'' Front, Stretched Tyres, Euro Look, 20mm H&R Rear Wheel Spacers, 10mm Front Wheel Spacers, H&R Springs, Chrome Mirrors, Piano Black Dash, Black Recaro Heated Leather, Xenon Headlights, LOW and WIDE!

6th Gear

Status
    Sounds like a heat shield to me....
    3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Well there wasnt on his car, no oil loss or spool issues, He just took the tip off and the play was shocking...A good inch in and out, no up and down movement.....
    It would soon have been catastrophic im sure....he has gone hybrid now
    hopefully in your case its simple...

Neutral

Status
    Hi bud my 1.8TS was doing this the other week turns out the studs on the chassis where the nuts screw in place to hold the heat shields up the threads had rusted but nothing tie wraps couldn't fix and now she's as quiet as a mouse apart from the nasty perished rear axle bushes lol

1st Gear

Status
    thanks for the help everyone, i will check both options out tomorrow!