FAO JoJo and anybodyelse who has fitted a haldex controler...

S3 Paul

Reaction score
Im looking to fit mine this weekend but i bought it second hand so i dont have the gasket included,
Ive tried a couple of times to explain the the dealers what it is i want but they are either dim or give me the " thats an aftermarket part your fitting so we dont list a gasket for it " speach.
Has anybody got an idea of the part number ( for the dealers ) or somewhere i can get this gasket from??

Im looking to fit mine this weekend but i bought it second hand so i dont have the gasket included,
Ive tried a couple of times to explain the the dealers what it is i want but they are either dim or give me the " thats an aftermarket part your fitting so we dont list a gasket for it " speach.
Has anybody got an idea of the part number ( for the dealers ) or somewhere i can get this gasket from??

I can have a look on ETKA when I get home later mate.

And just because I have an iphone4 with the Photobucket App, I just took this pic 1 minute ago.

478b88a9.jpg

You only need 2 bolts though, I got 2 sets, as I was swopping haldex controllers between two cars.

Well...
I ordered the parts Jo Jo... the bolts came right...
BUT the ****** gasket... acording to TPS is its an O ring...
I told him... no it looks like this > showing him picture < but he said well the part is now that, Not a hard gasket.
Am i asking for the right part? or more likely is the bloke at TPS a little off track?

Do you really need the bolts? I didn't bother with mine just the gasket.

A fitting tip - tie a piece of string to the connector on the rear of the diff so that when you pull it over you can tie it to the new connector and pull it back over, else it's a right ****. Here's a reasonably good guide:
http://www.neuspeed.com/media/attachments/150_HALDEX.01.pdf

As above, 02D 525 589 is the right part number. I ordered one recently. Ignore what the dude said, it'll be fine.

Last edited:
Has anybody had one of these upgrade units fail?
or had problems with one?
Ive finaly got the car sorted so if its a unit that can/ has failed frequently i may delay the swap a little or rethink

Well...
I ordered the parts Jo Jo... the bolts came right...
BUT the ****** gasket... acording to TPS is its an O ring...
I told him... no it looks like this > showing him picture < but he said well the part is now that, Not a hard gasket.
Am i asking for the right part? or more likely is the bloke at TPS a little off track?

Paul, I took the part number off the label of the packet in the pic above mate, and I purchased them from Audi!