Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 641 to 680 of 914
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: My S3 Thread

  1. #641
    Prawn's Avatar
    My other car is a MINI!!!!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    9,055
    get the wings pulled man


    Big brakes are good. don't lose them

    Big tyres are good. don't lose them

    Only leaves arch pulling.

    My daily A3 was spaced pretty wide, and I don't think I ever heard it rub on the road no matter how hard I thrashed it, yet on track, it rubbed near constantly, such is the added enthuiasm with which you'll throw it into the bends!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

    But I know nothing so ignore me.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #642
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    Yeah I think that's the route I'll have to take I'll have a ring round. Track work will expose any weaknesses which is why I'm trying to get everything tip top before hand.

    It's never ending and I've not even started on the engine yet! haha
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  4. #643
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    Next weekends work is lined up:



    I'm hoping one of these lot will sort the knock I have (more likely, the tie rods) otherwise it's a strut rebuild at $450
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  5. #644
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    Also bought some genuine audi center caps for the wheels:



    Might spray them black to match. I'll see how they look.
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  6. #645
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    Next weekends work is lined up:



    I'm hoping one of these lot will sort the knock I have (more likely, the tie rods) otherwise it's a strut rebuild at $450
    Stupid question, but what are the two gold pieces for?

  7. #646
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    They're Tyrolsport solid subframe mounts. They're made of bronze as they reckon aluminium deforms, who knows.

    Solid Subframe Bushings (Front) [MK4SUBFBUSH] - $120.00 : USRT, Usually Sideways Rally Team

    Unlike cheaper aluminum versions, they can be safely reused after a subframe is removed.


    Quite keen to get to the bottom of the knock.
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  8. #647
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    268
    Ah I see, what are the OEM bushes made of?
    I am also suffering with a knock on mine and its getting worse, All that I have not replaced is tie-rods, bearings and subframe bushes. Every other bush has been replaced with Powerflex goods and new koni shocks and apex springs, knock was there before and is still there now.

    Hope this sorts your problem out, then atleast I know what route to follow next, best of luck mate.

  9. #648
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    Cheers, I'll have a go at fitted that lot this long weekend. Need to work out if I need a press for the subframe bushes.
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  10. #649
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    Sorry, I forgot to answer your question; the stock bushes are rubber. Replacing them with solid bushes seems to yield good results:
    VWVortex.com - Solid subframe bushings=awesome
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  11. #650
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    Sorry, I forgot to answer your question; the stock bushes are rubber. Replacing them with solid bushes seems to yield good results:
    VWVortex.com - Solid subframe bushings=awesome
    Thank you, all makes perfect sense now.
    Those would be a piece of cake to have made up at the local engineer, but cant find any dimensions for them on the net, nudge nudge lol

  12. #651
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    Just sent the dimensions in a reply to your PM but for others, here's the dimensions for the solid subframe mounts:



    Just bought a proper air/oil separator as mine takes up way too much space and only ever has a dribble in it when I empty it. This way I can mount it on the bulkhead and fit the stock airbox with the cone inside, ala Tuffty. Thereby retaining some of the nice cone filter sound but remaining legal. I'll also vent the separator under the car.



    I'll re-use my AN fittings.
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  13. #652
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    I've been buying yet more bits for the car. Lucky the mrs can't see this thread.

    I've bought all new black AN10 fittings and hose for the breather setup. I've not been happy with the really obvious blue/red fittings, the new oil/air separator uses NPT threads that I could only get AN10 adapters for and both the block and cam cover fittings are AN10 so it made sense. I'll sell the other bits as a kit.

    I also bought a new OEM Siemens/VDO fuel pump as I've been getting knocking and it's going to die before long anyway so it makes sense to eliminate it. Got a really good price on it so thought, why not.

    A B5 RS4 alcantara steering wheel came up for sale and it looks mint whereas my TT Quattro Sport is lighter than black and the alcantara is bobbling a bit. Figured I can flog mine and recoup most of the cost of the new one.





    Still haven't sorted the knocking. I went to fit my ARB bushes and bloody Audi use the ARB mount to also mount the power steering hoses. The bolt to disconnect the hoses didn't want to budge when I finally got access to it. I think I'll just get it all done when the engine gets swapped over. I suspect it's the actual struts though.
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  14. #653
    lorryz's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    102
    Sam, your so lucky. I saw that wheel too! And it was such a good price.
    But I'm not aloud to spend on the car at the moment due to moving.

    Let me know when when your selling to TT wheel, I might find some spare cash.

    But like you, I much prefer the darker rs4 wheel over the lighter TT one. *Its probably easier to keep clean*

  15. #654
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,224

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    hey Sam... the car is looking minty havent been on the 8L section moved to the 8P section of the forum, building my car all over again but this time its going quick...

    i see you finally took my advice and got ur self a 3071 turbo.. as u said do it once do itt right and ull also save $$$ longe term....

    the wheel look mad been looking at a set of Team Dynamics 1.2 18" x 8 myself ? do they look good or as good as the OZ racing ultralegerras at all ?

    i know they are much cheaper for a start 1k landed compared to 2 K $ landed in AUS...

    we should meet up all off soonish... i have weekends off now and ill be at seb on friday bolting up a few bits and sods...

  16. #655
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by lorryz View Post
    Sam, your so lucky. I saw that wheel too! And it was such a good price.
    But I'm not aloud to spend on the car at the moment due to moving.

    Let me know when when your selling to TT wheel, I might find some spare cash.

    But like you, I much prefer the darker rs4 wheel over the lighter TT one. *Its probably easier to keep clean*
    Yeah it was a decent price, figured it was good to snap it up. I'll give the TT wheel a good clean and get some pictures up and we can go from there. It's really not in bad nick, I just fancied the RS4 one.

    Nice one on moving, staying in the Mosman area? The time will come when I have to grow up

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevv View Post
    hey Sam... the car is looking minty havent been on the 8L section moved to the 8P section of the forum, building my car all over again but this time its going quick...

    i see you finally took my advice and got ur self a 3071 turbo.. as u said do it once do itt right and ull also save $$$ longe term....

    the wheel look mad been looking at a set of Team Dynamics 1.2 18" x 8 myself ? do they look good or as good as the OZ racing ultralegerras at all ?

    i know they are much cheaper for a start 1k landed compared to 2 K $ landed in AUS...

    we should meet up all off soonish... i have weekends off now and ill be at seb on friday bolting up a few bits and sods...
    Ah nice. Yeah Seb said you were getting an 8P. Did you get that A3 2.0TFSI?

    Well to be honest, I'd always been thinking GT30 since I'd got the car and seen what others had been doing. The GTX30 came up cheap and figured it was rude not to keep it "in stock" for when the time comes. Seb's pretty reluctant for me to fit it now since the GT28 kit is ready to go which is fair enough. It's going to cost a fair bit to do the GTX well.

    The 9" wide have a nice dished look to them that the 8s don't have. That's why I went for the 9s. The Ultra/Superellegra's are nice but I've always liked the Pro Race 1.2 since they started using them in BTCC. The fact they look good with a 245 on makes them even better.

    Where are you getting them for that landed? That's well cheap. When I got quotes for 18x9s, it was around the $2k mark. Luckily I got 2 sets of 17x9 for less than half that
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  17. #656
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    Oh, in other news, I ordered a HEX-USB+CAN Interface to replace my eBay cable. So hopefully I can do some proper logging and work out what's going on with fuelling etc. I'll have another go at fitting this gauge this weekend too thanks to help in the other thread.
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  18. #657
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,224

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    Yeah it was a decent price, figured it was good to snap it up. I'll give the TT wheel a good clean and get some pictures up and we can go from there. It's really not in bad nick, I just fancied the RS4 one.

    Nice one on moving, staying in the Mosman area? The time will come when I have to grow up


    Ah nice. Yeah Seb said you were getting an 8P. Did you get that A3 2.0TFSI?

    Well to be honest, I'd always been thinking GT30 since I'd got the car and seen what others had been doing. The GTX30 came up cheap and figured it was rude not to keep it "in stock" for when the time comes. Seb's pretty reluctant for me to fit it now since the GT28 kit is ready to go which is fair enough. It's going to cost a fair bit to do the GTX well.

    The 9" wide have a nice dished look to them that the 8s don't have. That's why I went for the 9s. The Ultra/Superellegra's are nice but I've always liked the Pro Race 1.2 since they started using them in BTCC. The fact they look good with a 245 on makes them even better.

    Where are you getting them for that landed? That's well cheap. When I got quotes for 18x9s, it was around the $2k mark. Luckily I got 2 sets of 17x9 for less than half that
    yeah i got the 2.0 TFSI quattro...

    but converting it to a an S3 sportback completely.... fueling exhuast intercooler Coilovers are ready to fit just need to find the time to put them in and she will dish out 386hp im hopping for now ... maybe later get an RS3 2.5lts engine but the problem in Aust is no one knows how do go ahead and do the mapping ecu wise... sadly

    pro race 1.2's for 1,000$ landed from the UK all up 800 pounds to Aust. i bargained with mike @ awesome gti 300 for shipping and 500 or 480 for the wheels themselves....

    hmm ur tempting me as i dont fancy 3K for PS3's and wheels on it the pro race 1.2's look nice and they are lightweight im looking at anthracite myself... ur wheels are sexy though some serious car porn heh


    btw do u know a good place to get a map im torn between APR and REVO need a stage 2+ or 3

  19. #658
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevv View Post
    yeah i got the 2.0 TFSI quattro...

    but converting it to a an S3 sportback completely.... fueling exhuast intercooler Coilovers are ready to fit just need to find the time to put them in and she will dish out 386hp im hopping for now ... maybe later get an RS3 2.5lts engine but the problem in Aust is no one knows how do go ahead and do the mapping ecu wise... sadly

    pro race 1.2's for 1,000$ landed from the UK all up 800 pounds to Aust. i bargained with mike @ awesome gti 300 for shipping and 500 or 480 for the wheels themselves....

    hmm ur tempting me as i dont fancy 3K for PS3's and wheels on it the pro race 1.2's look nice and they are lightweight im looking at anthracite myself... ur wheels are sexy though some serious car porn heh


    btw do u know a good place to get a map im torn between APR and REVO need a stage 2+ or 3
    386bhp is pretty precise. So you've gone for a K04? 2.5 would be nice but mega money here. I'm sure someone could map it.

    Ah 800GBP sounds more like it. That's $1500 at todays rate, then you have import duties to pay so you're getting closer to that $2k I was quoted for the 18x9s If you buy them overseas and something goes tits up (not massively likely but still...) then Team Dynamics here won't help I was told. Worth getting a quote direct. If you're not in a rush then you can get them shipped in their monthly shipped.

    Parso at recode.net.au seems to be the guy everyone raves about? Give him a yell?

    Are you going to fit some proper brakes to this one? Leave the Tarox's for the show boys Plenty of decent OEM+ options for the later cars. RS4/TTRS etc...
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  20. #659
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,224

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    386bhp is pretty precise. So you've gone for a K04? 2.5 would be nice but mega money here. I'm sure someone could map it.

    Ah 800GBP sounds more like it. That's $1500 at todays rate, then you have import duties to pay so you're getting closer to that $2k I was quoted for the 18x9s If you buy them overseas and something goes tits up (not massively likely but still...) then Team Dynamics here won't help I was told. Worth getting a quote direct. If you're not in a rush then you can get them shipped in their monthly shipped.

    Parso at recode.net.au seems to be the guy everyone raves about? Give him a yell?

    Are you going to fit some proper brakes to this one? Leave the Tarox's for the show boys Plenty of decent OEM+ options for the later cars. RS4/TTRS etc...
    yeah im going ko4 for now but im thinking 3071 or 3076 in the future bolted to a 2.5 ltr... also thinking of buying Seb R32 body as he offered me something i cant refuse and make it a FIA approved race car which would be nice but hefty cost involved so i told him im booked with the audi this yr maybe next.

    and for brakes loool tarox wats wrong with them not soo bad.. was looking at a set for tarxos' 10 GT's quite expensive but not so sure ill be doing that atm looking at the RS4 calipers and discs but its quite costy for used ones at 1600$


    Sam...

    for starters you want pay any duty tax as its not over 1,000 , yes it is over the 1000 mark WITH shipping however 500 pounds on its own is a mere 7-800 so it comes up to that
    800.00 GBP = 1,157.33 AUD

  21. #660
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    I'd go for RS4 over Tarox. OEM+ any day of the week. I'm sure there's nothing "wrong" with the Tarox but there's better suited options available. How about these
    Audi R8, RS5, RS4, S5, S4 Ceramic Brakes Brake Kit 380 x 38mm - BRAND NEW | eBay

    Ah yeah, sorry I was looking at $1000. Still seems a bit cheap. I guess the 18x9's will always be a bit more expensive. You shouldn't have any problems running 9? Like I say they look better due to the inset spokes.
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  22. #661
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,224

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    I'd go for RS4 over Tarox. OEM+ any day of the week. I'm sure there's nothing "wrong" with the Tarox but there's better suited options available. How about these
    Audi R8, RS5, RS4, S5, S4 Ceramic Brakes Brake Kit 380 x 38mm - BRAND NEW | eBay

    Ah yeah, sorry I was looking at $1000. Still seems a bit cheap. I guess the 18x9's will always be a bit more expensive. You shouldn't have any problems running 9? Like I say they look better due to the inset spokes.
    Looks cheap that Sam WTF IS THAT IT not worth it for bloody brakes man thats why too expensive holy ****!!!

    the wheels are btw 18 x 8 i think they go up 50-60 pounds extra for the 9's possibly

    btw wanted to ask you as i forgot the rear diff take 1- or 2 ltrs of GL5 75w90 fluid im heading to that guy in eastwood tomorrow to pick the fuilds for the rear diff and tranny for seb on friday work on it together....

    talked to seb today told him u finally got around to that GT3071 and he said " well i dont know what he will do with that" but he didnt sound so happy on the phone for some reason... not idea how he does it alone seriously
    Last edited by Sevv; 3rd April 2013 at 11:05.

  23. #662
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    Well, they are carbon ceramic! That's pretty cheap, they're a 20k upgrade on some cars.

    The rear diff on the 8L took 1L but I got 2 just in case. Not sure on the 8P?

    Yeah, he seems very reluctant to get on side with it. Personally? I'd rather wait and fit that and sell the GT28 kit. After all, he keeps saying it's best to "do it all at once" when I mention replacing bushes etc. He has it in his head that you need to do way more work to use a GTX3071 but realistically it's the same bits as you should really do for a GT28; rods, valves, etc. Unless of course, I'm going to mad high power. To be honest I'd be over the moon with ~450 which isn't running the GTX3071 flat out. Sure, I'd need a new manifold/downpipe/lines/wastegate etc but pagparts have already quoted me around $2k for what I need. Maybe you can find out what's going on with my engine? haha. I still need to buy a flywheel and clutch.
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  24. #663
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,224

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    Well, they are carbon ceramic! That's pretty cheap, they're a 20k upgrade on some cars.

    The rear diff on the 8L took 1L but I got 2 just in case. Not sure on the 8P?

    Yeah, he seems very reluctant to get on side with it. Personally? I'd rather wait and fit that and sell the GT28 kit. After all, he keeps saying it's best to "do it all at once" when I mention replacing bushes etc. He has it in his head that you need to do way more work to use a GTX3071 but realistically it's the same bits as you should really do for a GT28; rods, valves, etc. Unless of course, I'm going to mad high power. To be honest I'd be over the moon with ~450 which isn't running the GTX3071 flat out. Sure, I'd need a new manifold/downpipe/lines/wastegate etc but pagparts have already quoted me around $2k for what I need. Maybe you can find out what's going on with my engine? haha. I still need to buy a flywheel and clutch.
    lol that AGU is probably un-touched ill check with him and maybe send you a pic of the progress...i think his issue is the issue of mapping, the DP the mani top mount or the latter i had that issue with him really kept stressing about that... what kinda materials does pagparts use in the tubro mani's ?

    talking about doing it all once ive been thinking if i should waste 1400$ on a ko4 when i probably get the same turbo as yours but ill have to do rods and pistons myself sigh...

  25. #664
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    He's sent the head and block off to the machinist but that was the last I heard. An IE inlet, Wavetrac diff, rods and pistons were ordered (I paid for them), I know that much. Supertech +1mm valves were mentioned but he was going to check what he ordered was last I heard...

    Mapping isn't his problem though. There's plenty of people that can map engines. Parso could map mine with a GTX30 I'm sure.
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  26. #665
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,224

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    He's sent the head and block off to the machinist but that was the last I heard. An IE inlet, Wavetrac diff, rods and pistons were ordered (I paid for them), I know that much. Supertech +1mm valves were mentioned but he was going to check what he ordered was last I heard...

    Mapping isn't his problem though. There's plenty of people that can map engines. Parso could map mine with a GTX30 I'm sure.
    yeah i know.. i think he doesnt like headaches and its become a issue for him as he tells you how and what to get , to achieve the power you want in the easiest and cheapest method really.... which really sucks as he has no time for big engine mods / tubro fits tbh sadly...

    ill be checking with him on friday... btw jeaslous of the supertechs hehe that will be one mean engine.

  27. #666
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    I forgot to answer your question, the Pagparts quote included their stainless tubular cast manifold, 44mm MVS wastegate, downpipe, stainless vband .72 housing and a few other bits.

    Yeah I'm just not sure where he gets his info from sometimes though. He needs to get some help in there, he could do alright. I know his current mrs Aimy is helping him sort the parts side of things. I've been helping them get their website going (slowly).
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  28. #667
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,224

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    I forgot to answer your question, the Pagparts quote included their stainless tubular cast manifold, 44mm MVS wastegate, downpipe, stainless vband .72 housing and a few other bits.

    Yeah I'm just not sure where he gets his info from sometimes though. He needs to get some help in there, he could do alright. I know his current mrs Aimy is helping him sort the parts side of things. I've been helping them get their website going (slowly).
    yeah i told me, he doesnt trust anyone i think... i had a few funny moments like dont get a catch can or forge DV or a front ARB to make it stiffer couldnt get my head around it tbh...

    thats some nice parts.. have you tried IE they got some titanium top mount tubular mani's they seem alright

  29. #668
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    Can't see a titanium one? Just this:
    Integrated Engineering Top Mount T3 Turbo Manifold for 1.8T

    The pagparts one seems to be alright and being cast stainless hopefully less likely to crack. Also it's vband which I'd be after. Oh, and it's cheaper.
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  30. #669
    lovemelongtime's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Horsham
    Posts
    335
    Hey Sam, do you have some recent pictures you could post up of your car with the TD rims please?

  31. #670
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    I don't really other than those ones above. If it stops raining, I'll give it a wash tomorrow and take some more.

    The RS4 wheel arrived so I fitted that before going to the pub last night:



    And the Moroso Air/Oil Separator (to replace my massive catch can) and Fragola -10 hose arrived. Just need to the black -10 push fittings now and I can refit the airbox (cut out for a cone filter like Tuffty) and eliminate two things that aren't technically legal here (exposed cone filter and catch can venting to atmosphere). I should be able to mount it on one of the studs on the bulkhead, all going well. It's meant for a Camaro SS 2010+.



    The can unscrews apart and you can see the filter/separator section inside. It looks like an awesome bit of kit.

    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  32. #671
    s3dave's Avatar
    TFSI Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    west yorks
    Posts
    10,055
    Not feeling that steering wheel sorry.....

  33. #672
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    If you did actually feel it though, you'd realise why they're awesome. I guess it's not for everyone but the leather ones are just "meh". All the cool cars run alcantara steering wheels For some reason it does look lighter in that photo. It's close to black.
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  34. #673
    Pushing the limits..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,224

    My Social Networking

    Add Sevv on Facebook
    Hey Sam, asked seb yday its still at the machine shop its been honed and skimmed he just needs to pick it up.... so yeah i dont think ur too happy atm... took us 8 hrs to change every fuild on the car along with fit a forge short sifter and CAI which was BS i was we were working on it together got slapped with a 1003$ bill its making me think twice of sending it threre tbh

  35. #674
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    Finally got an alright camera today. Picked up a 550d cheap. I'll give the car a bit of a clean at the weekend and take some decent photos.

    It's hardly clean at the moment but I couldn't resist mucking about with the camera...



    The fittings for the air/oil separator arrived as did the fuel pump. It's OEM but doesn't come with the sender so they'll be some jiggery pokery to get it to fit.

    Here's the fittings anyway. Should be able to get on and fit this lot this weekend. Then I can re-fit my airbox after hacking it up to fit the cone filter. Since the fittings were so cheap, I got a few spares as I imagine the routing will be annoying.



    This is kinda how it'll fit:
    - Bottom left into the block
    - The other part onto the head, one push fit joins to the block, one to the tank
    - Other side of the tank will go down to the floor. Wasn't sure whether to plumb it back into the engine though? It'll be way cleaner than a regular catch tank.

    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  36. #675
    lovemelongtime's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Horsham
    Posts
    335
    Nice to see the Apple Mac in the background, once you go Mac there is not going back. What J size was your rims in the end? 9s?

  37. #676
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    They're 17x9 all round with 245/50 AD08s.

    Yeah I have quite a few macs; i5 Mini for Plex, MacBook Pro 17" i5, Mac Pro 2010 + 2 * 27" Cinema LED Displays, iMac 27" + 27" Cinema Displays (at work).

    The setup at home is pimp:





    Nice arm setup by Bretford.
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  38. #677
    lorryz's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    102
    This looks awesome. I've been wanting to do a black -AN fitting setup for ages. Do all those moroso cans have -10an inlets ?

    Hope you post a parts list when you get it fitted


  39. #678
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    They use 3/8 NPT which is a tapered thread. I got adapters to AN10.
    AN10 10AN AN -10 FLARE to 3/8" NPT BLACK ALUMINIUM STRAIGHT FITTING ADAPTER | eBay

    I actually got all my fittings from this guy. Pretty cheap. They're not name brand but they're just, well, fittings

    Are you going to the rolling road day this weekend? I'm going to try and get along. Might try and fit this lot on Friday night.
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  40. #679
    lorryz's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    They use 3/8 NPT which is a tapered thread. I got adapters to AN10.
    AN10 10AN AN -10 FLARE to 3/8" NPT BLACK ALUMINIUM STRAIGHT FITTING ADAPTER | eBay

    I actually got all my fittings from this guy. Pretty cheap. They're not name brand but they're just, well, fittings

    Are you going to the rolling road day this weekend? I'm going to try and get along. Might try and fit this lot on Friday night.
    Ah cool, I think ill wait to see where you fit it.

    On vwgolf ? I wouldn't mind seeing what im putting out atm. Not sure what map my car has.

  41. #680
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,637
    Yeah it's organised by Seb at Euro Automotive. I'm not sure what map mine has either to be honest. Be cool to see what it's doing. I think it runs a little rich.
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO