W3STY's Progress Thread

What colour S3 Avus for the Track?

• Porsche Guards Red

Votes: 43 57.3%
  • Kawasaki Green

Votes: 32 42.7%

• Total voters
Yeeeeaah do it lol. Leave the car at mine or something and come with us! Need to get all the bits from me somewhere anyway lol.

I had a thought on my way to work this morning about what might be wrong with my car, and I was right.

I'll let you see this picture an you can let me know what you think. Prawn isn't alowed to play as I told him my thought earlier.

91490D90-EE12-4400-A84F-4F1C38263E2C-13992-000004A58881F45A.jpg

You have to laugh... your 'I am gonna set fire to the car' moment was as simple a fix as my 'stoopid mofo boost control!!!' moment... tighten up the loose thing!

<tuffty/>

Hahahahahahaha! That's brilliant! Bet that's a hell of weight off your shoulders!

Are you back in love with it now then Westy?

You have to laugh... your 'I am gonna set fire to the car' moment was as simple a fix as my 'stoopid mofo boost control!!!' moment... tighten up the loose thing!

<tuffty/>

I'd jut like to point out that the EGT sensor wasn't found where it is in that picture, it was hanging down by the dog bone mount but I put it up there for the pic.

I am a bit annoyed that I didn't think of it on Tuesday when I was messing about trying to get the mani off. However nobody else ****** thought of it did they lol

At last Karl has turned up, had mixed grill and toffee waffle dessert, great hotel dude :D

Glad to hear you fixed it mate finally got round to reading your whole thread cracking car BTW

And relax.........lol
glad its sorted mate and the bits you bought in the heat of the moment I am sure you will make good use of :)

Good luck mate all should be fine and you'll fall in love with it all over again first time you open her up :)

Good luck mate all should be fine and you'll fall in love with it all over again first time you open her up :)

I only opene her up 3 times before she blew the EGT sensor out lol. Fingers crossed.

I'm going to B&Q in a bit to buy some bits to make an XS mani heat shield. Does anyone know the size of bolt that will fit in the threaded holes at the rear of the rocker cover?

Shame you didn't make it today Westy! Would of been good to see how yours compared to Tam's, his was going very well!

I felt like Westy after one lap at ADI, lost all my power, limped back to pits, and still not much better in session two, nevermind on the way home! :sob:

It's one thing making the power but it's another keeping it!!

Mine gets hot and bothered within a minute but expect Westys will hold it a lot longer ;)

Rtech never saw egts above 930 on the rollers ;)

Man-meth.

Niki showed me this the other day -

581339_4784422288367_1036323427_n.jpg

It's on Ting-Tong's car so he's just using it as a test bed **** about; it's a K04-023 in the same state of tune as Westy's and a similar power with no intercooler. It makes 12psi at 4800rpm when stationary!

Ting Tong's car has had such a hard life lol. Its' like the kid you used to bully at school; it just keeps coming back for more and eventually you start to love it.

Man-meth.

Niki showed me this the other day -

581339_4784422288367_1036323427_n.jpg

It's on Ting-Tong's car so he's just using it as a test bed **** about; it's a K04-023 in the same state of tune as Westy's and a similar power with no intercooler. It makes 12psi at 4800rpm when stationary!

Ting Tong's car has had such a hard life lol. Its' like the kid you used to bully at school; it just keeps coming back for more and eventually you start to love it.

Wow. 4 WMI inlets. Wouldn't want the WMI failing on that lol.

Did he tell you what type of AITs they were seeing?

Knowing how unreliable my WMI has been since fitting it in January I think I'd still like a FMIC as a failsafe :faint:

He didn't tell me the figures, but I'll ask next time I speak to him. He just said "and it doesn't get hot", so I'd presume they are pretty good. Ting Tong's car is always mental, he just gets Niki to put whatever he fancies on it and run it at it's maximum so that they can learn from it.

The spool up on that car is unholy, totally unlike anything you or I could comprehend on a K04. It really puts into light the criticism that our turbo's get for not being up to the job, actually they can be made pretty ****** brutal (as per your car) if you know what you're doing. There are a couple of videos on facebook I think.

[video=facebook;4782539481298]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4782539481298[/video]