• Kawasaki Green

Votes: 32 42.7%

• Total voters
Just some quick pics of my latest arrival:

70b1b515.jpg

7554da08.jpg

0fb8ce61.jpg

Looks gay! You're going to sound like Fred the Barry Boy :p

Only messing. Looks good dude :) Did you get the centre section as well? twin box or non res?

I really want to venture into making an exhaust soon, just need to find someone local who's compentant at stainless welding.

If there's no reducer on the centre section you'll have to buy one. Should be pretty obvious if it's there or not. I'm sure you can get one from jetex or I'm sure milltek will supply you one.

If there's no reducer on the centre section you'll have to buy one. Should be pretty obvious if it's there or not. I'm sure you can get one from jetex or I'm sure milltek will supply you one.

Yep it's not there. The xs decat pipe seems to taper in to fit the OEM rear section so it might be ok, will have a look tomorrow.

Milltek do the part for £20.

4.99 on eBay. You're going to need one for sure if the milltek is 2.75.

Yep lol. Ideally you could do with chopping off the 2.5 reducer on the downpipe and get a 2.75 reducer welded on instead to join to the milltek to get rid of any bottleneck.

The standard is 2.5 though isn't it? And millteks are always a bigger diameter than the standard system.

Yeah I've got the centre section. Just took some quick pics then packe it up ready for my house move. It's non res so might he loud with my xs mani and DP/decat!

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Mine's sounding better every day. Desserted underground car parks and tunnels sound awesome on boost :) Granted yours will be louder with no cat but it shouldn't be unbearable ;)

Looking at this Fred:

724d001a.jpg

It seems that the XS DP does from 3'' straight down to 2.5''.

You're going to have two options.....

1. Fit the milltek using a 2.5 - 2.75 reducer onto the XS decat section. Simple option, but doesn't give the best flow.

2. Cut off the 2.5'' section from your downpipe, and either buy a 500mm length of 2.75'' pipe with a 3'' flare on one end and clamp the extension on, or get a 2.75'' section welded onto your 3'' Decat.

Annoying I know, but it depends how fussy you are!

On the daily, when I first fitted the decat, I left the downpipe as it came, which was 3'' > 2.5'' > 2.25'' in 3 steps. I later fitted a cat back 2.5'' system, in the way we speak of above, using a reducer and leaving the short length of a smaller size in situ.

After a few weeks I checked under the car, and found that the short 6'' section of 2.25 I'd left in was bright purple (HOT), yet the rest of the decat was still shiney silver. That seems to be like a pretty clear sign that it's a hot spot, which surely points to a flow restriction at the reduction?

I cut the 2.25'' section out and let in a 2.5'' to keep the bore all the way through, and everything then discoloured at the same rate

Cheers guys. I think best option then would be to actually go and get this professionally fitted so they can weld a je reducer on and make sure the joins are sealed tight.

I'm fitting the studs to the DP end tonight so I'll have a good look around while I'm under there.

yea man, have a measure up :) Offer your miltek centre section up (can get a fore/aft alignment from the hangers) and see what kind of lengths you're talking about needing to cut / replace.

I think it'd be worth removing the 2.5'' section though, just for a continous bore all the way through.

yea man, have a measure up :) Offer your miltek centre section up (can get a fore/aft alignment from the hangers) and see what kind of lengths you're talking about needing to cut / replace.

I think it'd be worth removing the 2.5'' section though, just for a continous bore all the way through.

Oh yes definitely worth it mate. Be good to get it professionally fitted to ensure a properly sealed system.

And on the same subject of exhausts, does anyone know if VAG did a longer turbo stud with the same thread pattern as the ones we've used for the DP?

yay finnaly caught up with this thread, read from start to finish! What a journey you have had, and a massive intake temp whore!

yay finnaly caught up with this thread, read from start to finish! What a journey you have had, and a massive intake temp whore!

Haha, thanks rich. Hope the thread wasn't too boring. I try to get as many pics as possible as people would prefer to look at pics then read pages and pages of text.

I will be doing some AIT logs once the car is fully mapped and summer is here. Might be up for fitting a FMIC spray kit too.

I'm hopefully looking at my intercooler spray kit tommorrow and have got a solenoid on order

If them nozzles I've got work alright I can grab you some if you want? ;)

I'm hopefully going to measure the pipes up this afternoon and will pop to grab some fittings and other bits from work this evening :ninja:

I will be using the headlight washer pump as mines been dissconnected for the past year due to a leak on one of the aliens, my only thoughts is that the nozzle/jets will be to small for the pump.....time will tell?

Headlight washer pump is quite a high pressure one IIRC... more so than the windscreen pump.... larger volume of water to shift...

<tuffty/>

Will post up a photo of one of these jets if i can find one at home :)

The jets have a very small slit to produce a mist more like the wmi but im sure that by putting a few on it will relieve the pressure as have got 2 or 3 manifold blocks that are 1/8 thread with 4 outlets on the front with an inlet and outlet at each end ;)

I'm hopefully going to measure the pipes up this afternoon and will pop to grab some fittings and other bits from work this evening :ninja:

I will be using the headlight washer pump as mines been dissconnected for the past year due to a leak on one of the aliens, my only thoughts is that the nozzle/jets will be to small for the pump.....time will tell?

Mine have stopped working and I was told by the guy that MOTd my car last month that by my next MOT they will fail as all factory fitted xenons must now have fully functioning auto level systems and washer jets or they fail. What about the rear wiper jet? Not enough capacity?

Nice hairy leg dude. Pinch me some bits I like the look of that ;)

Cheers what should I do shave it lol

Checked and probably got near 100 of them jets and they don't need them no more as the machine they were fitted to had a rather large fire so your more than welcome to have some mate ;)

Hope it all worked out mate and got it sorted?

Did you come up with a solution for the top one?

Well it's all together now, let's just hope it holds.

The rear most bolt had completely rattled out and must be laying on the A10 somewhere. The top bolt and front bolt were both tight to undo so they seem fine. Fitted studs and nuts covered in locktite into the front and rear most holes and had to reuse the special top bolt.

The rear bolt is almost impossible to work on. Used a 16mm flexible rachet spanner and we could still only get 1mm of a turn at a time. Tam and I took it in turns as it was very difficult to do up and we've both got bad blisters from it.

I will be amazed if this doesn't hold!