W3STY's Progress Thread

What colour S3 Avus for the Track?

• Porsche Guards Red

Votes: 43 57.3%
  • Kawasaki Green

Votes: 32 42.7%

• Total voters
If they paid or it was free lol. He was the one that helped sort out the recent 1.9tdi and ibiza 1.8t systems.

You could even try and use your thread as a bargaining tool saying that it has a wide following and is widely broadcasted.....advertising.... Well sort of ;)

Not heard back from Piper yet but some of the other places have been giving Jay quotes as he's not as lazy as me and has been using the telephone ;)

MIJ - £395
EMP - £495

I have a budget of £300 so I either make my own zorst cutting up my OEM back box and buying some Jetex mid pipes, or I hold tight for a 2nd hand Milltek.

I supplied my own dp and decat mate like insaid their xspower jobbies then they did me their own custom 3" catback, they inly charged me so much as they fitted my dp and decat at the same time.

Just be aware of back box choice mate... the S3 is a little awkward to get a decent box for which is why I went for the Milltek back box in the end... be the difference between a constant drone/booming in the car and blissful sportyness

<tuffty/>

Just be aware of back box choice mate... the S3 is a little awkward to get a decent box for which is why I went for the Milltek back box in the end... be the difference between a constant drone/booming in the car and blissful sportyness

<tuffty/>

If I can just find a decent back box by itself I can get the mid section welded in. I missed out on an ABT back box on eBay this weekend because I was waiting for quotes back for full custom. I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled.

Smaller backbox and a middle box too in that case? Plus this is going to end up as a weekend/track car so aslong as the outside noise is below a reasonable level im sure boomy droan isnt too much of a worry for him maybe compared to if it was still his daily.

How much does the normal/Milltek backbox weigh roughly as its pretty beefy looking?

What you want is a power flow system like mine Westy... It is bad-*** and sounds completely race car

Tell me more, Links?

Smaller backbox and a middle box too in that case? Plus this is going to end up as a weekend/track car so aslong as the outside noise is below a reasonable level im sure boomy droan isnt too much of a worry for him maybe compared to if it was still his daily.

It looks like it will be used as a daily for a little longer :( so it needs to be fairly civilised.

karltek ftw

I would have a crack at this but lets be honest, your back box is fkn loud :faint:

Anyone got any experience with Jetex systems as this looks reasonable, not a fan of the teil pipe though:

Jetex Audi S3 1.8T 210/225bhp Cat-Back Exhaust Non-Res - FR&R Tuning| MAHA Dyno Rolling Road Tuning| Stage 1, 2 & 3 Engine Performance Upgrades - (Powered by CubeCart)

I have a jetex on the A4. Its fairly good quality. Bit quiet for my liking but sounds nice in the midrange, mainly engine noise up top and not a lot down low lol. Someone on here recently said they bought a Jetex and mentioned the forum and got a discount from Jetex themselves. Could be worth an enquiry?

Whats gone on with the Bora?

I have a jetex on the A4. Its fairly good quality. Bit quiet for my liking but sounds nice in the midrange, mainly engine noise up top and not a lot down low lol. Someone on here recently said they bought a Jetex and mentioned the forum and got a discount from Jetex themselves. Could be worth an enquiry?

Whats gone on with the Bora?

Nice to know cheers. They only do the oval pipe by the looks of things though :(

Bora was the biggest pile of cack I'd ever seen so it's a no go. It's worth about £300 but my mate wanted £1K so he can try and sell it for that lol.

S3 will be a daily at the moment till insurance time in July then I'll look at my options.

Ah thats poor :( After you bought a pedal for it too lol.

It looks like the squarer type oval which sucks. If it was a normal oval it`d be alright.

Ah thats poor :( After you bought a pedal for it too lol.

It looks like the squarer type oval which sucks. If it was a normal oval it`d be alright.

I fitted the pedal for him so we could start it and move it but it was shagged. Been sat there for 10 months, bonnet catch was all seized, gear linkgages seized, couldn't even jump start the car, front bumper needs replacing, rust all the way through one arch, and he wanted a grand.

Anyway that oval tailpipe doesn't bother me too much but I would prefer twin pipes ideally.

Yeah saying that on the pics thread on the recent page. The rather nice yellow S3 with multispokes which looks awesome on such basic wheels has one of those square oval style tips like the Jetex and it actually doesnt look bad. Need a proper straight on pic from the back to see it better but from that view its quite cool.

Yeah saying that on the pics thread on the recent page. The rather nice yellow S3 with multispokes which looks awesome on such basic wheels has one of those square oval style tips like the Jetex and it actually doesnt look bad. Need a proper straight on pic from the back to see it better but from that view its quite cool.

Yeah I saw that the other day, knew i'd seen a car somewhere with it. Where were the pics?

EDIT: found it ;)

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/41132-post-pics-your-a3-s3-37.html#post1577640

Tell me more, Links?

haven't got any links as I bought this system off of Pat on here...

023c6018.jpg

Single silencer so it's fairly loud but a powerflow centre could knock you up one of these for over half the price of the miltek I reckon, and they weigh a damn sight less! Sounds pretty epic on WOT and a nice barbel on overrun... Although its fairly loud on idle, especially on startup... But I wouldn't say it's silly. Don't get any drone at all on the motorway though which is surprising :)

Might go out this eve and get a good vid

If you could get some vids It would be appreciated. There's a Powerflow place 30 mins from me but I would have thought what you have would be a little to loud for me.

BTW just noticed that the Jetex system doesn't include VAT till you go to check out. ***, I hate businesses that do this :asskicking:

haven't got any links as I bought this system off of Pat on here...

023c6018.jpg

Single silencer so it's fairly loud but a powerflow centre could knock you up one of these for over half the price of the miltek I reckon, and they weigh a damn sight less! Sounds pretty epic on WOT and a nice barbel on overrun... Although its fairly loud on idle, especially on startup... But I wouldn't say it's silly. Don't get any drone at all on the motorway though which is surprising :)

Might go out this eve and get a good vid
want!
troopa had a catback like that aswell

But noise = power

Got to admit, sometimes I think it's a bit too loud, but then I man the f*ck up and smile. It certainly isn't as loud or drony as some of the Barry boy wagons that go **** lapping in our town.

Will go out later and shoot some with my pov cam

Lol thought you knew it was plus vat :p Europerformance lists them inc vat at about £470 plus postage. I had a look round the other day when you first mentioned. They`re all over £450 really. Scorpion, Milltek, Blueflame, Jetex. Awesome list some Fox branded system but its hugely expensive just for the rear box just like the Scorpion backbox is over £400.

I think custom will be the cheapest option for you unless you come across a secondhand bargain.

Christ that will be noisy as!!..

Mine was this originally...
20091121_IMG_3923.jpg

That was well loud... horrible in the car on cruise but windows down on boost it was ****'n ace...

<tuffty/>

Christ that will be noisy as!!..

Mine was this originally...
20091121_IMG_3923.jpg

That was well loud... horrible in the car on cruise but windows down on boost it was ****'n ace...

<tuffty/>

No I wouldn't say so. Mine definitely tolerable, especially on the motorway. Maybe yours just resonated differently. To be honest, cost wise is definitely worth considering powerflow

No mate, exhaust uk, its a res system but the middle and back box are tiny and weigh nothing, sounds insane when booting it, pops and lot but not intrusive when cruising.

Bigger diameter equals more noise too. Also Powerflow once told me to reduce the noise best is to mount a box as far forward as possible. How true that is i dont know but it made my Civic really quiet doing it that way.

So taking Tuffty`s old system you could have a slightly bigger box in the front straight section and the same box at the back which would be slightly quieter. Or just add another small box/thin resonator in that front straight aswell as the other two boxes.

Sold the back box and modded the system slightly to fit the Milltek back box on...

Here is a vid of the old system though...

<tuffty/>

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigger diameter equals more noise too. Also Powerflow once told me to reduce the noise best is to mount a box as far forward as possible. How true that is i dont know but it made my Civic really quiet doing it that way.

So taking Tuffty`s old system you could have a slightly bigger box in the front straight section and the same box at the back which would be slightly quieter. Or just add another small box/thin resonator in that front straight aswell as the other two boxes.

Not a massive amount of space to mount a centre resonator as it will end up hitting the prop or be very low and catch bumps etc...
20091121_IMG_3918.jpg

Sandip posted one he had done on my thread which looks a nice option if you can find where to get the box..
P1010682.jpg

<tuffty/>

My informers say it's a pipeworx custom made jobbie.

Bar finding a bargain like Dre did (new Milltek for £225) I think I'll have to go custom and try to get a largeish rear can like most of the cat back kits.

All this talk of exhausts seems to have frightened my mani or DP because one of the two has come very loose. What a horrible noise when the exhaust is no longer blowing out the rear :sadlike: I need to check it out tomorrow.

did you use Nords on everything Westy? I've got Nords on all my turbo related bolts, manifold to head, manifold to turbo, and turbo to downpipe. Nothing has come loose yet