W3STY's Progress Thread

What colour S3 Avus for the Track?

• Porsche Guards Red

Votes: 43 57.3%
  • Kawasaki Green

Votes: 32 42.7%

• Total voters
The clutch and flywheel swap took me and a mate about 5 hours , With a 2 poster ramp aswel,
It is by no means a simple task, One to be honest i will pay to have done if it needs doing again,

Random question are you still happy with your KW kit? How did they do at Bedford bar the rolling around due to skinny ARB?

My FK`s are shagged so either looking at the KW kit similar to what you have or the H&R cup kit. You`re the only one i know with KW shock/spring kit as opposed to the coilovers.

Random question are you still happy with your KW kit? How did they do at Bedford bar the rolling around due to skinny ARB?

My FK`s are shagged so either looking at the KW kit similar to what you have or the H&R cup kit. You`re the only one i know with KW shock/spring kit as opposed to the coilovers.

I'm still really happy with them mate. Nice ride height and they still feel firm without being to nasty. I think Reesy is intending on getting a set too as he's been out in my car and was impressed with them.

I'm still really happy with them mate. Nice ride height and they still feel firm without being to nasty. I think Reesy is intending on getting a set too as he's been out in my car and was impressed with them.
You are correct mate. Car rides nicely without being too firm/soft or too crashy, and they are a reasonable price. I couldn't really see a downside as I will never be adjusting the ride height if i got coilies, and the kw's sit at pretty much the perfect height (in my opinion).

My Fk`s are probably a year and a half old or something around that lol. Knocked for ages but are getting bad now. Alright from about 50mph onwards lol.

Yeah but the B12 kit is like £500 odd? Nuts to that tbh. Really im only going to be having about £400-450 to spend. The KW`s on a 55/30mm with rears having adjustable spring perch are like £380 and H&R cup 60/40mm is £430ish. Wietech list some Hicon GTN`s but they`re an entry level. Comfort isnt a top priority as its going to be on track a fair bit and i dont do much town driving, just down the bypass and back which is brand new road surface.

Ok here's some pics of all the parts I picked up from Jason last week. Mainly for Scott as he requested shiney bits!

6f18bbde.jpg

From left to right, top row:

- Coolant bottle
- Sump plug and washer
- Head bolts
- Inlet mani nuts
- Exhaust mani nuts
- Cam seals
- Exhaust mani to turbo gasket
- R8 oil cap

Bottom row:

- Cam chain tensioner gaskets
- Turbo bolts for exhaust mani
- Turbo to downpipe gasket
- Sump sealant
- Cambelt tensioner

28581b3e.jpg

458d41ac.jpg

739197b1.jpg

f9f74301.jpg

And the 2nd batch of parts:

c0f091f6.jpg

From left to right, Top row:

- 3 Litres of G12 coolant
- Water pump
- Oil pump
- Head gasket

Bottom row:

- Large port inlet manifold gasket
- Small port inlet manifold gasket
- Exhaust manifold gasket
- Belt tensioner
- Gearbox tool
- Belt tensioner, again! I think
- Cam belt
- Rocker cover gaskets

803cdae2.jpg

edc10576.jpg

d4a7ffdb.jpg

472907cd.jpg

All this stuff also doesn't include the bits I gave the head shop:

- Valve stem seals
- Inlet mani studs
- Exhaust mani studs
- Rocker cover studs

I forgot just how much i'd ordered but the 3 bags and 4 pages of paperwork (with a nice total price) brought it hammering home lol.

I should be hopefully collecting the refurbed head this weekend and I'm waiting for Rods and bearings to drop through the door. Exciting times ;)

Have you got a downpipe to decat/sportscat gasket? I didn't get one with my set. Sambryant said to get a standard 76mm universal job. Also what size sleeve joiner are you going to use to get onto your standard exhaust?

XS downpipes don't come with a gasket at the joint, and mine didn't even come with bolts!

I used high temp silicon as per Tuftys suggestion, and it's not leaking at all 400 miles later.

what size is the S3 catback as standard? my Dp went from 3'' straight down to 2.5''.

Don't use an evil sleeve either, i was going to to that but realised it was nasty

I marked mine up and cut the backback off leaving a 100mm overlap onto the Decat, then took my centre section to the local Longlife Exhaust place, and for £20 they expanded the end so it slotted over the decat, and gave me a clamp for it :)

Far nicer solution, and took about 30 mins.

XS downpipes don't come with a gasket at the joint, and mine didn't even come with bolts!

I used high temp silicon as per Tuftys suggestion, and it's not leaking at all 400 miles later.

what size is the S3 catback as standard? my Dp went from 3'' straight down to 2.5''.

Don't use an evil sleeve either, i was going to to that but realised it was nasty

I marked mine up and cut the backback off leaving a 100mm overlap onto the Decat, then took my centre section to the local Longlife Exhaust place, and for £20 they expanded the end so it slotted over the decat, and gave me a clamp for it :)

Far nicer solution, and took about 30 mins.

Ahh ok, thanks.

When my DP was fitted last June I know my mech sleeved the cat back section but I'm planning on making this 3" all the way to my back box when I get some time so I'm not to worried about that at the moment.

I still need a few bits so I'll get some exhaust paste.

I've also changed my mind on the rocker cover colour :eyebrows: decided to go with Kermit Green as red is fairly common and lime green is the colour I want my track wheels so it made sense really.

Guys still off so have no way of getting them to St Ives so yeah will have to have another deal in a shady carpark :p When are you going to pick the head up?

Guys still off so have no way of getting them to St Ives so yeah will have to have another deal in a shady carpark :p When are you going to pick the head up?

Dont worry about it then mate I've got a couple of weeks till I need to do the CV boot. Just wait till you can get it delivered to St. Ives :thumbsup:

I've not heard from the head place since Monday. They said it would be done this week but waiting for a call.

Fair enough. Well if you hear from them over the weekend then drop me a text as i can always meet you near by. They`re only on the outskirts of Bedford so its not bad. Also you`ll need the tool i have to do your clutch wont you as you`re planning on doing that sooner?

Fair enough. Well if you hear from them over the weekend then drop me a text as i can always meet you near by. They`re only on the outskirts of Bedford so its not bad. Also you`ll need the tool i have to do your clutch wont you as you`re planning on doing that sooner?

Playing it by ear with the clutch. I didn't realise how much needs to come out to get the gearbox out so I'm trying to save it till the Easter weekend as it should make the rods/head job a lot easier too.

I'll need to order some gearbox oil and engine oil filter from you at some stage too.

I'm liking all the new bits, looking forward to them coming together as one ;)

Pat

Removed the god forsaken AEM Water meth controller today ready to post back tomorrow. As soon as the replacement turns up I'll get it fitted.

Also had a call from the head place today to say that my head work is finished and it's ready to collect. Shame I won't get round to pick it up for another 2 weeks as I'm not in the area :(

Making good progress westy. It will all come together soon. Easter is not that far away.

Ditch the parents for a weekend and get it done earlier. You know it makes sense

My shifts have changed mate am now on days :) so will hopefully be able to make more meets and late night mech sessions ;)

I was supposed to be working Easter Monday and tues, but have booked them off giving me a week off Thursday to Friday.....result ;)

I have to say that I am very impressed with Xenonlv's (latvian eBay seller) service! I only notified them yesterday that I'm sending back my AEM WMI controller and I've already received and email with a tracking number for a new one to be sent out to me. Lets hope this one works properly.

That's a bonus mate did you manage to get 2 nozzles in the end?

Aem only sent me part of one so can't send the other one back to the eBay seller :(

That's a bonus mate did you manage to get 2 nozzles in the end?

Aem only sent me part of one so can't send the other one back to the eBay seller :(

I never got one back from them so I assumed they cross referenced my serial number with AEM and realised that they'd sent me one.

I'm sending my controller with tracking number and recorded deliver so I know exactly where it goes.

just spent about an hour reading this start to finish.

awesome mate.