W3STY's Progress Thread

What colour S3 Avus for the Track?

• Porsche Guards Red

Votes: 43 57.3%
  • Kawasaki Green

Votes: 32 42.7%

• Total voters
Cheers dude, 08:40 last trip in the A3, but with several problems still, and **** tyres, so now it's done, who knows.

In some ways I half expect to be slower, being older and wiser! haha.

We shall see :)

These are the new bits I have had fitted to my car since my last trip:

- Full suspension including bushes
- Revo stage 2 and all the gubbins needed
- New turbo
- Boxster brakes
- Semi Slick racing tyres

This should make quite a difference to my last trip ;)

I'll probable spend the first 2-3 laps messing about trying to get the tyre pressure rights :think:

Neil, do you have the part number for your new fuel pump? My mates pumps gone in his s3 so need to replace it :(.

Thanks jase. Can you pm me a price and how long itd take tobe delivered if ypu dont mind.

Hope your enjoying the ring neil you lucky git :).

You know who sells them... Run away, aaah!
...care to elaborate?
Using 2.0T coil packs on the 1.8T

Think this was the thread i saw from Audizine also as a link within that to another thread on the subject. 15WHP gain on a GT28 A4
Thats the AEB/AJL thread. You want the AWP thread for the 4 wire guys. (link) . Lots of technical contect in that thread for the skeptics...
If you or anyone need any technical questions answered I will be more than happy to help.

W3sty, thatvwas a very interesting thread, well put together. Just read it all the way through, lol.

As well as doing this to my toe by kicking a car jack bare footed:

efb6f69d.jpg

The journey to the Ring, the 2 laps, and the journey home vibrated one of my exhaust mani bolts loose making the exhaust blow and the car sounding like a tractor:

8b73a048.jpg

075e7dfc.jpg

This is the 2nd time this has happened since my new turbo was fitted so I think I need to lock tight the fecker in.

Well come back, full report?

You don't seem too happy?

Mate the weekend had everything except track time!

One of the weirdest weekends I've EVER had. See if you can top this lot for weird:

1- Germany had a plague of wasps
2- Considering the ammount of wasps and the amount of time we spent swatting at them only 1 person got stung, it was Tam and it wasn't by a wasp......... but a hornet :wtf:
3- Prawny's mate binned his car a quarter of the way through his first lap.
4- The weather was 28-30 degrees Friday and Saturday then 15 degrees and monsoon like rain on the Sunday
5- We heard an air raid siren going off in Adenau which none of us had heard ever in the 10 years of going there. Apparently it was to cal the local firemen to the fire station.
6- I broke my toe
7- I got German man flu
8- There was a fatality from a car crash which is extremely rare

I'm sure there was some more weird things but cant remember at the moment.

I'm just a bit disappointed that we went all the way there and didn't get much track time in. On the plus side though I met a load of top lads and the next trip I do will be during the week to avoid the traffic and hopefully so many closures.

I'm hoping to do an open pit lane track day somewhere in the UK before the end of this year.

Bedford do a few open pitlane days over the year. Nice big run offs aswell incase things go wrong lol.

properly wierd weekend indeed!

I was first on scene to a fatality Sunday, which was hugely grim, and put a bit of a downer on things.

Due to Robs Crash, and then Saturdays closures, and Sundays fatality, i didn't actually get to see westy and the boys all that much, which was a great shame, but our weekend went wrong from the minute we arrived in Germany sadly.

Still, there's always next year!

Oh, and to all those, who read this thread regularly, and often think Westys car looks 'pretty nice' - youre all wrong.

he's clearly a mong at taking pictures, because in the flesh, it's fooking GORGEOUS!

Cheers mate. I am indeed a mong when it comes to photography. I'll be happy when I get the paint work sorted out next year.

It did kind of feel like we were 2 separate groups at times but then we all had our own preference on bars and restaurants. Next years trip will be better ;)

i think to be honest mate, after Bobs crash Friday, we were all a bit down in our little lot, and didn't feel like living it up in Adenau.

Kinda resorted to sitting in the bar in Burgstube and having a bit of sulk :p

Proper gutted for you guys, wish it'd have gone to plan you.

Least "di germans dint get ya", lmao, i could'nt resist sorry :).

Well, a little update going back to June when I had a new turbo fitted. I've had to wait until now as Welly asked me too but now I can let the cat out of the bag!

As you may know Welly was helping XS power develop a 3" downpipe and de-cat that would bolt directly onto the K04 turbo. Well had a prototype sitting at home but no longer had a K04 turbo fitted to his car. When he heard that I would be removing my turbo to get it refurbed (turned into buying a brand new turbo) he asked if I fancied being the guinea pig for the XS prototype.

Anyway he posted it over to me and I got my mechanic to fit it up after the new turbo had been fitted. Below are a few pictures of it fitted.

The DP and de-cat have been on the car now for nearly 4 months and i've not had any issues at all with it (touch wood).

IMG00167-20110607-1509.jpg

IMG00166-20110607-1508.jpg

IMG00165-20110607-1508.jpg

IMG00170-20110607-1714.jpg

IMG00169-20110607-1713.jpg

IMG00172-20110607-1715.jpg

Well, a little update going back to June when I had a new turbo fitted. I've had to wait until now as Welly asked me too but now I can let the cat out of the bag!

As you may know Welly was helping XS power develop a 3" downpipe and de-cat that would bolt directly onto the K04 turbo. Well had a prototype sitting at home but no longer had a K04 turbo fitted to his car. When he heard that I would be removing my turbo to get it refurbed (turned into buying a brand new turbo) he asked if I fancied being the guinea pig for the XS prototype.

Anyway he posted it over to me and I got my mechanic to fit it up after the new turbo had been fitted. Below are a few pictures of it fitted.

The DP and de-cat have been on the car now for nearly 4 months and i've not had any issues at all with it (touch wood).

IMG00167-20110607-1509.jpg

IMG00166-20110607-1508.jpg

IMG00165-20110607-1508.jpg

IMG00170-20110607-1714.jpg

IMG00169-20110607-1713.jpg

IMG00172-20110607-1715.jpg
The silver fox strikes again! Ya sneaky fecker.

You did well to keep that under your hat mate. Looks good, although you need to get a decent clip of the noise that the zorst gives off.

Are you going to put a cat on for mot time>

The silver fox strikes again! Ya sneaky fecker.

You did well to keep that under your hat mate. Looks good, although you need to get a decent clip of the noise that the zorst gives off.

Are you going to put a cat on for mot time>

Did you really have to quote all the pics! ;)

yeah i'm good at keeping secrets mate, dont tell the mrs!

I'll try and get some sound clips for this thread. It is very throaty now and it's still on the standard backbox.

I'm not sure about MOT time yet, might find a friendly station or might get a sports cat.

Did you really have to quote all the pics! ;)

yeah i'm good at keeping secrets mate, dont tell the mrs!

I'll try and get some sound clips for this thread. It is very throaty now and it's still on the standard backbox.

I'm not sure about MOT time yet, might find a friendly station or might get a sports cat.

Thought they were worth a re quote. :) Silver fox is quite an appropriate nick name then..

My next question was regarding back boxes, have you thought about a pikey cut similar to Karls? If yours sounds good with a bigger DP, i might have to get that sorted on mine, as I want it sounding a bit meaner.

Sports cat is not a massive job to put on is it, and the friendly garages are getting less and less unfortunately

Thought they were worth a re quote. :) Silver fox is quite an appropriate nick name then..

My next question was regarding back boxes, have you thought about a pikey cut similar to Karls? If yours sounds good with a bigger DP, i might have to get that sorted on mine, as I want it sounding a bit meaner.

Sports cat is not a massive job to put on is it, and the friendly garages are getting less and less unfortunately

Silver & cunning like a fox (also Foxy ;) )

I do like Karls pikey backbox but I can be ***** to do it myself and wont be paying anyone to do it! The sound increase just with the DP and decat is quite a big difference esspecially after 3K revs so i'm happy with it at the moment.

Putting a sports cat on won't be any problem to that DP. Unbolt the flange, slip the decat out of the system and reverse with the sports cat pipe.

After a year of having a suspected leaking heater matrix I finally decided it was time to fix it!

942f5b97.jpg

66e1e7d3.jpg

eca944c3.jpg

These were my pics after 2 hours of stripping the dash. I'll have day two's pics tomorrow when I have some day light again.

This has not been a very fun job so far but I'm sure when I'm driving along with clean warm air coming through my heater I'll be very happy :)

Feel for you mate... I did mine on my A4...

20080119_IMG_2613.jpg

20080119_IMG_2629.jpg

20080121_IMG_2637.jpg

20080122_IMG_2645.jpg

20080122_IMG_2647.jpg

...all to get this out...
20080122_IMG_2654.jpg

Don't forget you have to cut the passenger side centre console support and bolt it back together afterwards...
IMAG0710.jpg

<tuffty/>