W3STY's Progress Thread

What colour S3 Avus for the Track?

• Porsche Guards Red

Votes: 43 57.3%
  • Kawasaki Green

Votes: 32 42.7%

• Total voters
Already sold ;)

I'm back to hunting around for some part worn track tyres. Did you sell your corsas?

Dude, give Redish-motorsport a call.
I know he sells track tyres and he might have some part warns but not 100% sure.
Give him a ring and tell him I sent you (Scott not what my name says).

Have you looked at PH wheels and tyres section. That might be of use, and people update that quite regularly..

St Ives VW might still have a load of Lotus tyres in the lock up from years ago that i could ask about a price. 225/45/17 AD048 Yoko`s lol

I have a set of almost racing slicks on the back of my A3, if they're any good to you)

(they are right on the tread ware, driving it in the rain is interesting!)

If you highlight the area under my last comment, you'll find you're correct. I couldn't resist a bit of counter spamming, sorry mate. I'll be off again now :undwech:

Right, He cant remember if there was a full set but i know theres some in there. Next time im there or near i`ll swing by and have a look. He said he`d do them cheap. They`re brand new and he said probably do them at 50 a tyre. Even if there wasnt a full set they might be worth snapping up but i`ll keep you informed next time im up there.

Right, He cant remember if there was a full set but i know theres some in there. Next time im there or near i`ll swing by and have a look. He said he`d do them cheap. They`re brand new and he said probably do them at 50 a tyre. Even if there wasnt a full set they might be worth snapping up but i`ll keep you informed next time im up there.

You are a legend. I'll take 4 if there are 4 and I'll hook you up some beer tokens. I dont suppose there's any chance that you'll be swinging round there in the next 2 weeks?

Next week i wont as we`re a man down but the week after i`ll try and get over there whilst doing my deliveries.

S3 wheels will fit fine mate! My TT 6 spokes fit over my 330's just fine with no spacers or anything!

Nice! How is the pedal travel compared to standard?

I have the cayenne turbo calipers on my to do list. The price doesn't seem hugely different; new cayenne turbo calipers can be had for $900 ish. It'd be about the same to get old 911 ones and rebuild them. Also the 18ZR calipers are OK with the standard MC from what I can see.

Nice! How is the pedal travel compared to standard?

I have the cayenne turbo calipers on my to do list. The price doesn't seem hugely different; new cayenne turbo calipers can be had for $900 ish. It'd be about the same to get old 911 ones and rebuild them. Also the 18ZR calipers are OK with the standard MC from what I can see.

The pedal feel is exactly the same as it was with the S3 brakes except they are so much more sharper than before. They stop the car so much better, I'm impressed.

Did an engine oil and filter change tonight as it's been 3 months since the new turbo was fitted. I also cleaned thee injectors and FPR.

The last time i cleaned my injectors I didn't do the FPR and I was shocked at how much sh!te came out of the FPR! There was a sticky black goo that came out on the first wash!

I gave the injectors 2 8 min washes and the FPR got 3 8 minute washes before I was happy with it.

Hoping to have some track rubber fitted next week then it's off to the ring. I've done most stuff I wanted to for the car so this thread probably wont have many updates to it for the rest of the year :(

Does it make a changed to the usual sticky white goo mate? :) haha.

Any chance I can have a FPR clean when I next pop over? ;)

Awesommmmmmmmme cheers buddy! I'll get an uprated silicon pipe you recommend to! :cool:

It looks like i'm having coil pack issues!

Pulled out of work yesterday and had the distinct sound of an engine running on 3 cylinders. After a minute or two and a few revs it cleared.

When I got home I scanned the car and it was completely fault free, probably for the first time since i've ever owned it lol. I let the engine cool down and I popped out the coils which all looked fine.

Anyway, the coils are 14 months old now and were running on my old sh!te map for a year of that so I've bought myself 4 new coils and 4 new spark plugs.

Did you get the Hitachi ones? I've heard they are much more reliable. I managed to get a set through VW...

It looks like i'm having coil pack issues!

Pulled out of work yesterday and had the distinct sound of an engine running on 3 cylinders. After a minute or two and a few revs it cleared.

When I got home I scanned the car and it was completely fault free, probably for the first time since i've ever owned it lol. I let the engine cool down and I popped out the coils which all looked fine.

Anyway, the coils are 14 months old now and were running on my old sh!te map for a year of that so I've bought myself 4 new coils and 4 new spark plugs.
Have you tried the recall?