W3STY's Progress Thread

What colour S3 Avus for the Track?

• Porsche Guards Red

Votes: 43 57.3%
  • Kawasaki Green

Votes: 32 42.7%

• Total voters
Except Dave who has 3 small intercoolers and 24psi.

Anyway I'll stop moaning now and step away from the VCDS ;)

bet he's not 24psi @ turbo!!!! AND, given you made the comparison earlier between 2 std k04's, his is a HYBRID!!!!

muchos pressure drop I predict on multiple intercoolers- turbo working well past 2bar I predict if checked. (32psi is my guess)

instead of fixating on just one thing.. temps - consider flow.. and pressure..

Flow makes power. Pressure pushes thru the flow.. Excessive pressure makes unwanted heat for no flow benefit.

my mantra remains "its all about the flow"

minimise losses, work things more efficiently, then heat management becomes less about dealing with the consequence, and optimising what you have got... and ultimately making more power than joe bloggs who just cranks up the boost and everything is quietly nuking itself to death.

The 3" TIP is perfect example of this approach "Efficiency in Action" :)

Last edited:
bet he's not 24psi @ turbo!!!!
muchos pressure drop - turbo working well past 2bar I predict!

instead of fixating on just one thing.. temps, consider flow.. and pressure..

Flow makes power.
my mantra remains "its all about the flow"

minimise losses, work things more efficiently, then heat management becomes less about dealing with the consequence, and optimising what you have got... and ultimately making more power than joe bloggs who just cranks up the boost and everything is quietly nuking itself to death.

Yeah I like to think that Dave's turbo is working its tiny nuts off ;)

You're right Bill it's time for me to start enjoying the thing now. The car is running well, sounds nice, and is keeping up with other cars I didn't expect it to, I am happy, believe it or not :thumbsup:

Have you thought about some aftermarket DRLs to stick on your boost pipes to act as fogs??...:undwech:

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

Yeah I like to think that Dave's turbo is working its tiny nuts off ;)

You're right Bill it's time for me to start enjoying the thing now. The car is running well, sounds nice, and is keeping up with other cars I didn't expect it to, I am happy, believe it or not :thumbsup:

Get a miltek... do it!

1-15.jpg

I dont need noise, I'm too old for that you young derailing boy racer ;) My un named DP and de-cat make enough noise.

I'm a danger to myself and to society :laugh:

bet he's not 24psi @ turbo!!!! AND, given you made the comparison earlier between 2 std k04's, his is a HYBRID!!!!

muchos pressure drop I predict on multiple intercoolers- turbo working well past 2bar I predict if checked. (32psi is my guess)

:)

Lol well if it is 32 psi its doing well as its been like that well over a year /15000 miles,
I do need to check it and will at the weekend, if its anything over 3psi drop i will look at a different set up, i dont mind being wrong, im no tuner..:p
If the psi was that high surley the intake temps would be through the roof and the manifold on meltdown?

Lol well if it is 32 psi its doing well as its been like that well over a year /15000 miles,
I do need to check it and will at the weekend, if its anything over 3psi drop i will look at a different set up, i dont mind being wrong, im no tuner..:p
If the psi was that high surley the intake temps would be through the roof and the manifold on meltdown?

nope.. with that many intercoolers, the air will come out cooler.. for sure.. The qty of air which makes it out however wont be as much, dropping pressure as it does..

and that 32psi is what Danes CR was doing on the shyte AH small core! Its not a wild **** guess.. it was sadly oh too real! :(

Neil you moan worse than biatch you know that :). haha.

I've been a busy boy again tonight. I wasn't happy with the gaping holes left by the fog lights so I decided to have a crack at trimming down the old fog grills. I'm quite happy with the result:

77b82cf9.jpg

cfd4eb68.jpg

a4522d99.jpg

8c74b576.jpg

44858bf8.jpg

b2096d7e.jpg

I've also been out logging again..... I know, I know, I should just enjoy it but I thought I'd try Tam's AIT sensor and also see what difference the rain made to the AITs. Logs to follow :eyebrows:

ooh eyebrows smilie...

Here they come sucker:

Right first off went for a blast with Tam's AIT sensor and got the following results. Ambient temp was 14.5 degrees and it was raining lightly:

Check out the MAF reading :faint:

TamAIT.jpg

I pulled over and swapped to my AIT sensor and got the following:

WestyAIT.jpg

So safe to say the sensor is fine.

It's difficult to tell what difference the rain on the FMIC makes but I'm guessing it must be a couple of degrees.

Hello airflow! Nice work all round dude

Great results mate, what psi are you running now?
my logs have been aborted due to terrantial rain fall...i will try tomoz night, if not it will be the weekend,
A bit of WMI should see you close to 300..

The trimmed fog grills look loads better to!

LOL @ Bill. Yep GO AND ENJOY!!! Looks OEM and goes very non OEM! ;)

So would you not be able to fit the fogs withoutthe grilles mate? Sorry if youve already said but on iphone and its a ballache trailing frow pages.

So would you not be able to fit the fogs withoutthe grilles mate? Sorry if youve already said but on iphone and its a ballache trailing frow pages.

There's no going back to the fogs. I had to hack out the brackets and clips for the pipework to fit. My attemp with the grills is as good as it will get. It definitely looks better with the grills in, the photos dont do it justice really.

What if you were able to weld reducing 45deg pipes onto the end tanks, as in cutting the pies at an angle so they are swept back from the bumper. Would you have been able to keep the fogs. Just trying to find ways of getting away with not loosing the fogs.

What if you were able to weld reducing 45deg pipes onto the end tanks. Would you have been able to keep the fogs. Just trying to find ways of getting away with not loosing the fogs.

Not unless the end tank diameter was taken down to 60mm and you would have to use 90 degree because 45 degree would hit the back of the fogs. The core size is spot on its just the in/out is a bit too big for the fogs.