good place for a remap

tubby-ben

Reaction score
hi can anybody tell me where a good place to go for a remap? has anybody used amd in essex? im located redhill surrey south east. thanks.......

I recommend a Revo remap and AMD,I was mapped closer to my home in the midlands but I know Shaun and his team do a good job :respekt:

so revo would be 1st choice then? any reason for this? car is total standard at mo, would i need a fmic or would standard be ok for now? what realistic bhp figures would i get with just a remap and air filter?

Revo would be my choice and is my remap on my 02 S3 and it is like a wild horse :)
FMIC is only good to sustain power,heatsoak causes the engine to overheat and the ECU reacts and limits power,change the DV when you have a remap and no need for an air filter but deffo a new DV.
190 bhp Revo says but bear in mind the engine is no spring chicken so realistically expect a bit less

yeah she done 114k now but full audi service history, engine is nice and quiet. i was wanting an open air filter for a bit more noise and maybe a bit of a wooosh sound too. the 190bhp at the fly or wheels?

At flywheel. Id recomend r-tech, wouldn't you vorhees? Based on the reputation they have and how extensive there service is, a couple of fellas with a3's have been there recently and are incredibly happy! Bill at badger5 also carries out a thorough service, checking and logging the cars health. I know I'd want that rather than a hour load map and gone job.

Damn you Karl :)
I would recommend R-Tech but distance would be
an issue and OP asked about AMD so I say Revo all the way baby

would deff recommend r-tech! its well worth the trip, and at the price they charge its my best bet, had my 1997 1.8t a3 mapped there last weekend and i made 192bhp +225lbs torque!!! so i would expect you to get around the same, although i do have a few supporting mods. but for £200 its a done deal!

R-Techh are based Hinckley, Leicestershire.

Last edited:
What sort of power would you expect from an s3 210? and who would you recommend? cheers!

just checked amd essex website, amd remap is 300 yet the revo is 420. whats the difference in the map? also are these good prices for remaps?

I would recommend R-tech there cheap, great at what they do and highly recomended on here I made 232 bhp on my a3 from there stage 2 map