Chris NottEM Tuning
    Lord Of The Rings

Status

Exclamation Headlight Bulbs ??

Hi guys

I've been toying with the idea of fitting a HID kit but I'm having trouble finding out what bulbs i have as some sites say i have H1 bulbs while others say i have H7 bulbs (some even say H4....lol).

I've even done a search on here and it come back with some old threads where some were saying h1 and others h7....lol

Can someone please let me know what I've got?

Here is a picture of my headlight unit:

Audi A3 T sport (8l) AUM 2001..... Stage 1 Remap , Bailey DV30 , HID Headlights , LED Sidelights/Footwells , Catch Can , N249 Bypass , Tinted Windows .....

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Am sure there H1 and H7. If u take ur bulbs out it will tell u on them pal
    IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT---iF U AINT RUBBIN U AINT DUBBIN

Lord Of The Rings

Status
    Ok thanks mate , looks like my best bet is to take the bulb out and have a look
    Audi A3 T sport (8l) AUM 2001..... Stage 1 Remap , Bailey DV30 , HID Headlights , LED Sidelights/Footwells , Catch Can , N249 Bypass , Tinted Windows .....

BBP

Status
    Dipped beam is H1, and main beam is H7.

So if you wanted an HID kit then you'd need an H1 kit. I picked up a really cheap kit for less than £30 and its still going strong over a year later!

17" BBS RS Reps, JOM Coilovers, TT ARB, Facelift Front & Rear Lights, Aero wipers, LEDs all round, 6000K HIDs, Blacked out Grill & Rings, De-wipered,
    12" 1000w FliTrap Sub, Colour Coded Lowers & Skirts...

Lord Of The Rings

Status
    Thanks

I had a look today and you are correct it was a H1 bulb.

The bulb also says it 55w. If i buy a 35W hit kit is it going to put up a “bulb out “ error on the dash?

Lord Of The Rings

Status
    I've just been doing a bot more research and there's seems to be a lot of talk about using a relay when fitting them.

Is this needed?

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    mine are H1 but i have angel eyes. I got my HID's a few weeks ago makes the car look sooo much newer when the lights are on. so clear on the road and blue to look at but not the blue light its a pure white. I went for 6000k and they look perfect in my opinion.

What did you guys go for?

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

BBP

Status
    Mine is 35W, and i've got the 6000K too. I'd recommend it! I've had no issues.

17" BBS RS Reps, JOM Coilovers, TT ARB, Facelift Front & Rear Lights, Aero wipers, LEDs all round, 6000K HIDs, Blacked out Grill & Rings, De-wipered,
    12" 1000w FliTrap Sub, Colour Coded Lowers & Skirts...

Lord Of The Rings

Status
    Thanks for the replies

So the 35w wont throw an error on the screen ?

Did anyone use a relay when fitting them or did you just plug the factory wire from the bulb in to the ballast ?