AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport

Thread: Just wondering?

1st Gear

Status

Just wondering?

I've asked before for a few pics but I was wondering if anyone has the rs4 wheels that I have (old shape)

Anyone lowered their car by 40mm with old rs4 style wheels? I want to see if the stance looks good… I really can't tell if lowering the car by 40mm is worth it ? As you have all told me i can't go further than 40 without changing arb? which im not doing.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    bare with me a sec mate ill get you a pic of mine when i had my rs4's on :D DEFFO worth it btw
    99' a3 quattro - k03s, carbonio cai, simota cone filter, FMIC, raceland coilovers, fully polybushed, forge TIP, forge 007p, forge coolant hose kit, forge throttle body pipe, stainless catback, brembo pads, stage one map, black angel eyes, 17" radius r3's gt28rs coming very very soon

3rd Gear

Status
    theres no grill on my bumper cause some theiving twat nicked it but you get the idea

99' a3 quattro - k03s, carbonio cai, simota cone filter, FMIC, raceland coilovers, fully polybushed, forge TIP, forge 007p, forge coolant hose kit, forge throttle body pipe, stainless catback, brembo pads, stage one map, black angel eyes, 17" radius r3's gt28rs coming very very soon

1st Gear

Status
    oooo.. i like. it looks like i need to do this now! did you have any problems with speed bumps etc lowered by 40mm on 18 inch rims? or the arb??

3rd Gear

Status
    they were on 225/45/17's so its abit lower to the ground than yours will be on 18's and didnt get any problems with normal size speed bumps

your 18's should fill the arches very very nicely!

3rd Gear

Status
    and i wouldnt get any arb problems cause ive got a quattro. my mate lowered his on exactly the same set of wheels and had arb-drive shaft issues, but that was lowered like 50-60mm, hes got it sat at about 40 now and it does look sexy!

3rd Gear

Status
    hope he dont mind me using this pic!! this was before i lowered it for him! so just to give you an idea!!

1st Gear

Status

here is mine mate without being lowered, i think it'll suit nicely dropped 40mm.... !

3rd Gear

Status
    thats gonna look pretty sweeet mate! coilovers or springs??

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro1 View Post
    thats gonna look pretty sweeet mate! coilovers or springs??
    this is where i am also stuck mate, what do you recommend? as im stuck inbetween going for really cheap coilovers, raceland look good... or going for springs as i can only go to 40mm anyway? on a budget so springs look good?

3rd Gear

Status
    ive got racelands and cant praise them enough! the problem with just springs is that it will be putting more strain on your standard shocks! plus, if your ever in the position to buy+fit a different ARB, you can lower it even more if you have a set of coilies! deffo save that little bit longer and go for coilovers mate.

the kiddy with the other silver a3 has got JOM's they were like £130!? and he's dead impressed with them aswell! just because somethings cheap doesnt mean its utter crap!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro1 View Post
    ive got racelands and cant praise them enough! the problem with just springs is that it will be putting more strain on your standard shocks! plus, if your ever in the position to buy+fit a different ARB, you can lower it even more if you have a set of coilies! deffo save that little bit longer and go for coilovers mate.

the kiddy with the other silver a3 has got JOM's they were like £130!? and he's dead impressed with them aswell! just because somethings cheap doesnt mean its utter crap!

good shout mate, looks like coilovers is the way to go. i'ma go with racelands probably, if not and my budget gets tighter it'll be JOM. this is my first car aswell so hence the budget but i've spent a lot so far, that car only has 60k on clock lol!

3rd Gear

Status
    fair play mate very nice for a first car!! if you fancy changing the wheels give me a shout ill buy them off you!!! lol

you gonna be fitting the coilies yourself? otherwise you'll have to think about getting fitment into your budget aswell