AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Smell my finger.

Status

Suspension problem

So my car went for its MOT yesterday, it had been making a clunk over bumps so I thought a bush of some sort. Wishbone bushes were done not long ago, as well as drop links, ARBs and top mounts etc etc.

Anyway it passed and the guy said there was a knock but it wasn't the bushes or top mounts etc etc. He said the actual shock has play in it and everything else was fine. There's nothing leaking out of the shock by the way. its all bolted up properly but where it extends has got play in it.

Anyone had this before?, I'm not that chuffed as the Weitec kit on it isn't very old so I'll be pissed off if I need to replace a shock (front right).

Grrr.

Apart from that the usual praise from the MOT man about how tidy it is so that made me smile considering its getting a bit leggy now

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Sorry to hear T, not the best if it is deffo the shock but 3 year warranty aren't they

Smell my finger.

Status
    I dont know Jase, I've still got the box in the garage so I'll dig it out tomorrow and have a look at it.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Status
    http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap...0-41l-42r.html

2 year warranty by the looks of it

Smell my finger.

Status
    Cheers Jason

I've emailed Midland VW who supplied and fitted it and Jody is going to check with Weitec for me. He also mentioned that it seems odd that a bit of play in the shock would cause a knocking so he suggested taking it in to get it checked over to confirm what the lad at the MOT station said.

I wasn't convinced by what the MOT chap said as its still on its original ball joints and track rod ends which would obviously cause a knock/clunk when its being driven.

I'd suggest its more likely to be a joint of some sort but Midland are happy to look over it for me to confirm either way which is pretty sweet.

T

Status
    Thats good news Tom

Smell my finger.

Status
    There will however be a labour charge to take the suspect shock out for a check though

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post
    There will however be a labour charge to take the suspect shock out for a check though
    Doh