Major problem!!

skol

broken down
Reaction score
Ahrite guys just went to open my car and the buttons didnt work , open the car with the key and the engine wouldnt start, not ticking over or anything complete silence!! What is going on????

sound like the batteries gone in the fob so the immobiliser won't switch off so replace it then recode the fob using the drivers manual as a guide

Rob

Car battery flat? happened to mine when gf left the interior light on whilst it was in the airport car park.

just read you post again and think your saying car won't turn over not car wont tick over ? if so i agree with Kelk11 flat battery

Rob

you need to give more info.... does the ignition come on?

nothing will go on, would a flat battery stop the remote central locking from working? Or do i have more than one issue on my hands here??

It's the battery, the central locking will not work with out a power supply

to be honest you should at least get an interior light to come on, unless something has drained your bat completley, if it's so low that it does nothing, it'll take a good 24 hours to charge up

check the voltage of the bat if you have a volt meter, based on what you say, it should be way below 8v, if it is, charge it, put it back on, start car and check the voltage again while the car is running, it should be reading around 14.6, if it's still reading 12 ish, your alternator is on the way out

it is very odd that a bat goes that dead

sound mate, now to find those jump leads

trust me, if your bat is so flat that the ignition does not come on, jump leads wont help, you need to charge the battery, you'll end up getting stuck somewhere if you just bump it and go on your way!