S3 Feels Slow

lukejenks

Reaction score
Hi i have had my s3 for about 7 months now, it has fmic, induction kit, forge split-r and i was told by the previous owner a revo stage 1, it doesnt feel very fast though, a mate has a standard ep3 civic type r which makes it look silly!
Now after doing the n249 bypass yesterday i noticed a big hole in the breather pipe that comes from the cam cover to the air trunking etc
This is the pipe.
IMG_88841.jpg

Could this be causing a power loss?
Also will these pipes fit or no? I have an apy engine code
Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication
Cheers

Dunno about your engine, mine is an amk and I have had to fit the forge one you listed recently. Looks like a similar pipe. I had a very small hole in this pipe and yes it does make a difference to power. What I would say about replacing it is that the plastic pipe that goes down towards the front of the engine was very brittle and broke when I tried to push it into the forge pipe. Might be worth replacing that at the same time.

Change the PCV valve aswell while you're down there changing the breather hoses. Get the Forge breather hoses, i done mine last year aswell. The PCV valve is also known as the 'Engine Block Breather Hose' to Audi dealers by the way just in case they can't find it on their system!

I've got an AMK S3 and the Forge breather hoses fit on mine. Someone else on here will verify if it will fit your APY.

I just spoke to awesome gti and they said its impossible to fit that pipe to an apy engine, i have ordered a new genuine one anyway, only £21.
Are the pcv hoses these ones? Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication
Do you replace the valve as well or just the hoses?

'scuse my ignorance (i don't want to hijack) but is the pcv valve the large black valve that connects to the split pipe pictured above?

Yes it is. Id be inclined to change your forge split r, thwse engines are designed to be run with recirculating dump valves e.g 007p

Reactions: Inertiauk
why would you change the valve! just give it a good clean and put it back. worked for me.

Reactions: Inertiauk
My S3 Felt slow and I had the same problem, I replaced all of the PCV pipes, sealed it all up, and it no longer smells of oil, however this didn't speed up my car, it turned out to be a boost leak where the terracotta pipe from the charge pipe connected to the turbo, I replaced this with a forge one and stronger clips which cured my slowness problem.

I only got the split r as it was £30. I'm gonna try changing all the hoses eventually. The car does spool up quote loud. Is there anyone in Bristol who wouldn't mind taking a look?

crankcase breather pressure regulating valve, i think its a one way valve

Yeah its the one in sandips picture. I am in henbury mate