ebc brakes - i got a good deal

C

colicabcadam

audi s3 8l.....

front turbo grooved discs
rear turbo grooved discs

front yellowstuff pads
rear yellow stuff pads

and delivery......... £400, these work out to like £540 all in when bought online, i believe i got a good deal

this is not an advert, i am just sharing my experience, if you'd like more info, let me know!

Good luck with the yellowstuff. I had some in my old Ibiza and they were the worst set of pads I've ever used....
Also not entirely impressed with their discs either.

Sorry to rain on your parade as well mate, because you paid a good price, but I too have heard very bad reports about EBC recently, with pads separating from their backing etc..

I've been running EBC turbo grooved and yellow stuff pads for 18 months now, great in my opinion, no issues and they've lasted a track day and well beyond!
The only disappointment i had was i dont feel they have improved braking over the standard set, pedal feel is the same etc the only thing they have done is prevented brake fade (experienced none in a 30 min session round brands) so i'd say they are good for that!

Good price though and good luck with them :)

I've been running EBC turbo grooved and yellow stuff pads for 18 months now, great in my opinion, no issues and they've lasted a track day and well beyond!
The only disappointment i had was i dont feel they have improved braking over the standard set, pedal feel is the same etc the only thing they have done is prevented brake fade (experienced none in a 30 min session round brands) so i'd say they are good for that!

Good price though and good luck with them :)

EBC Pads = car in a field on it roof
turbo groove discs = cheese graters better get about 4 sets of pads m8 they wont last long.

went with this option on last car after 2 weeks the ebc pads were gone along with the discs swapped them with fedro pads and black diamond discs

I've used Greenstuff for ages on the front of mine and they're excellent :) Less brake dust too which is always nice!

no the green's are not as harsh although they are only for cars upto 200bhp so depending what your car is ie 1.8t 150bhp they aint gonna be that effective also the reds give less brake dust off.

but from personal experiance its a no go from me i think 2000 grade sand paper would stop better

Surely the weight of the car is more important than the power?

I dont think the greens are as harsh as the yellow. Brake dust is a massive pita with the DS2500!

Thanks for telling me that after I got them! Although gives me a good excuse to clean the car more often..

Surely the weight of the car is more important than the power?

It's easier for people to work out which pads to buy based on power, as more people know the power of their car then they do the weight..

It's easier for people to work out which pads to buy based on power, as more people know the power of their car then they do the weight..

What about something like a Westfield thats got big power and no weight to it?...just out of interest.

Its not relevant to our cars because they're built like tanks but just curious as I'd say weight is more important than power when it comes to stopping something. A heavier object will take more stopping than a lighter one from 100mph for example.... regardless as to how fast it gets up to 100mph?

i very much doubt you burned out brake pads within 2 weeks on the road......

choosing brake discs based / pads based on power of the vehicle is stupid, unless you are going to keep full throttle while stopping lolol

I didn't say it wasn't stupid, and Tom I agree exactly with what your saying, but for the average person they would be able to find out, relatively easily, what the bhp of their car is. That would be my guess anyway.

Making it easy for stupid people to buy pads..... who'd have thought it ;)

i very much doubt you burned out brake pads within 2 weeks on the road......

choosing brake discs based / pads based on power of the vehicle is stupid, unless you are going to keep full throttle while stopping lolol

who said i burned them out in two weeks they were crap didnt stop the car hardley and for the weight issue it was a 106 gti weighing 800kg as it was stripped out and was pushing out 160bhp

my point is an audi a3 is heavyer and with the same or similar bhp will need better pads than ebc greenstuff and as wrestle said the yellow kill the discs that leaves the reds but most people on ere run fedro or mintex

my point is an audi a3 is heavyer and with the same or similar bhp will need better pads than ebc greenstuff and as wrestle said the yellow kill the discs that leaves the reds but most people on ere run fedro or mintex

Crikey, I'd better replace the green ones I've been running for ages without an issue then :lmfao: