Battery cover options for the S3?

Westy

Reaction score
Guys my battery cover is cracked and looks pretty crap compared with the rest of the engine bay. I wentto the stealers and they quoted me something silly like £60 for a new one so I was wondering what other options there are.

Has anyone got anything other than the standard plastic cover over their battery?

Pics would be good if you have them.

ive got one of them heat proof fabric bad boys! not sure if its going to be the same for a3/s3 though because you have a big cover over the battery dont you?

SAM_1002.jpg

looks crappy in that pic because its not tucked in properly lol

doh just googled s3 engines, totally different cover all together :( sorry mate

LOL typical s3 driver, so used to being shafted that they start asking for reach arounds!!

just do the right thing and pop the battery in the boot ;)

Mr Westle - I got mine from a german car parts company which cost me £30, they've gone bust now though :( My car didn't even come with one lol. Try TPS, they're cheaper than dealers.

Last edited:
How badly cracked isi. You could wrap it in gloss/matt black or even carbon fibre. Would look good and hide the cracks quite good.

Audi Tt Battery Cover | eBay UK

It says for a TT but looks the same as S3 one I think, may want to check that first tho.

Ewan.

I've see that thanks but the price was climbing up.

Mr Westle - I got mine from a german car parts company which cost me £30, they've gone bust now though :( My car didn't even come with one lol. Try TPS, they're cheaper than dealers.

Cheers

How badly cracked isi. You could wrap it in gloss/matt black or even carbon fibre. Would look good and hide the cracks quite good.

It's missing a big chunk of plastic off the left hand side. I'm goin to try marls idea of trimming the whole side off.