BMC CDA

Ashley g

Reaction score
Are these any good for the S3? I've just bought one cheap, and it's the correct one for the S3, but before I fit it are they any good on the 8L? If not I'll use it on My VR6!

^^^^

Also make sure its actually made by BMC as there are a lot of copies ;)

it choked for sure.... very restrictive.
removed one off s3 and gained 15g/s airflow when swapped to JR filter

i had one on my apr remapped s3, changed it for a jr filter, the difference is noticable without a rolling road! thats how bad the BMC is. so much smoother boosting and better top end power with the jetex filter. BMC = worse than standard i think.

Don't bother with a BMC mate. I've been through so much research when i had mine. I've also had 4 different filters now and my current Jetex open cone is the best by far. The BMC is very restrictive, i didn't really listen when people were telling me until i decided to go for an open cone filter, i definitely noticed a positive difference!

The BMC makes a lovely darth vader sound, the dv sound is sweet, it keeps heat away with the carbon box surround, BUT it's a restrictive filter. My Jetex sounds as grunty as the BMC, the dv sound is alot louder, and to keep the heat away i bought a Jabba Sport heat shield which works perfectly.

I sold my BMC kit and it went on some guy's Mk2 Golf VR so i think it's a sign you should put it on your VR aswell. BMC's work so much better on N/A cars.

Cheers for the replys! Unfortunately, My MK2 VR is now running a stage 2 VF9 charger so I guess it will be no good on that either!
Doh, teach Me to buy things in a hurry. I'll just stick with My current JR filter then.