S3 Haldex issues

Greig300

Reaction score
I'm going to get my car checked tomorrow as my Haldex has problems.

I've had the car checked for fault codes they are:

01324 - FOUR WHEEL DRIVE CONTROL UNIT - J492 NO COMMUNICATION

00812 - BRAKE PRESSURE SOLENOID TRIP SWITCH - F84 SPORADIC (No idea what this is) Rear disks do grind and have alot of rust on them) So could be seized callipers.

When i first bought the car it was checked through my brother who is a mechanic. Everything was perfect. FSH etc... i noticed a few weeks after that my ESP button didnt work... and posted about it on this forum about the fault. One comment was (I BET THE PREVIOUS OWNER HAS REMOVED THE BULB ON THE CLUSTER) So i removed the cluster and yes... it was covered with tape so it couldnt be seen. Now its on all the time! and is very faint to see. But the button does work when i first start the car i can press ESP on or off but when driving it stays on. I noticed on Ignition the rear makes a clicking/sucking noise.

Reading and reading about this fault for nearly a month now i think i have to replace the Haldex ECU? or the Pre charge pump? i'm not sure what it could be and was wondering what the sucking noise may be? Looking at previous posts about this issue it can be the wires corroding.... are those cable replacable?

Any help would be great! If anyone is selling any Haldex ECU's (If this is the fault) then im intrested.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hope you get it sorted. If you do end up buying a new Haldex unit (I had to last year), remember that the upgraded 'blue' unit is cheaper than the original one. So a rare case of an upgrade being cheaper than the original.

So do i... i've seen a used Haldex ECU on ebay for £285 only done 44k