Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 94
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: my new audi few pics

  1. #41
    davidniclee's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    west wales
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Inertiauk View Post
    What did you give for it ?

    Not to my taste but could be tweaked to look a lot nicer.
    £700 with 12 months mot
    Inertiauk likes this.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #42
    davidniclee's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    west wales
    Posts
    96
    [QUOTE=reesyboy;1242718]
    Quote Originally Posted by davidniclee View Post

    Well, if you're ever down my way I'll keep an eye out
    year will let you know if i am or if your down thi way let me know

  4. #43
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    bristol
    Posts
    647
    hows the hot side of the intercooler plumbed in? around the back of it?
    99' a3 quattro - k03s, carbonio cai, simota cone filter, FMIC, raceland coilovers, fully polybushed, forge TIP, forge 007p, forge coolant hose kit, forge throttle body pipe, stainless catback, brembo pads, stage one map, black angel eyes, 17" radius r3's gt28rs coming very very soon

  5. #44
    davidniclee's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    west wales
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro1 View Post
    hows the hot side of the intercooler plumbed in? around the back of it?

    i have no idea , which side is the hot side and which is the cold side then i will check and let you know

  6. #45
    16Klappe's Avatar
    Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    4,899

    My Social Networking

    Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by davidniclee View Post
    not rotten some serface rust and inner plastic arch missing
    I can see a hole through it!

    The theoretical top speed of the gearbox doesn't change with engine mods so the speeds you can achieve in the gears are pretty pointless.

    Do you know what mods its got done, has it been mapped? What would you compare it to?

    The hot side is the left hand side (as we look at it in that photo) of your intercooler, the cold side is the side of the intercooler that the cold are would leave from into the inlet. Having said that, how is either side plumbed in? Looks like the hot side is using ribbed air ducting, and I can't see anything in the engine bay to suggest the cold side piping, is it even connected?

    Did you not look into it before you bought it? Or did you just see it and like it?
    Last edited by 16Klappe; 6th May 2011 at 17:34.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

    Then never do them.

  7. #46
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    bristol
    Posts
    647
    the cold side was the side with red tape on it lol
    99' a3 quattro - k03s, carbonio cai, simota cone filter, FMIC, raceland coilovers, fully polybushed, forge TIP, forge 007p, forge coolant hose kit, forge throttle body pipe, stainless catback, brembo pads, stage one map, black angel eyes, 17" radius r3's gt28rs coming very very soon

  8. #47
    davidniclee's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    west wales
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    I can see a hole through it!

    The theoretical top speed of the gearbox doesn't change with engine mods so the speeds you can achieve in the gears are pretty pointless.

    Do you know what mods its got done, has it been mapped? What would you compare it to?

    The hot side is the left hand side (as we look at it in that photo) of your intercooler, the cold side is the side of the intercooler that the cold are would leave from into the inlet. Having said that, how is either side plumbed in? Looks like the hot side is using ribbed air ducting, and I can't see anything in the engine bay to suggest the cold side piping, is it even connected?

    Did you not look into it before you bought it? Or did you just see it and like it?

    i havent got a clue with the mods, only the ones we can see but would say it does 0-60 in about 6seconds not timed it tho so would have to time it,and would say it similar to a mazda 6 mps 2.5 turbo, dont think i would beat it but wouldent be very far behind,and will check to see where the piping goes

  9. #48
    davidniclee's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    west wales
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro1 View Post
    the cold side was the side with red tape on it lol
    will go and have a look now

  10. #49
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    bristol
    Posts
    647
    16Klappe - your right if you were talking about an s3, a3's are the reverse
    99' a3 quattro - k03s, carbonio cai, simota cone filter, FMIC, raceland coilovers, fully polybushed, forge TIP, forge 007p, forge coolant hose kit, forge throttle body pipe, stainless catback, brembo pads, stage one map, black angel eyes, 17" radius r3's gt28rs coming very very soon

  11. #50
    16Klappe's Avatar
    Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    4,899

    My Social Networking

    Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by davidniclee View Post
    i havent got a clue with the mods, only the ones we can see but would say it does 0-60 in about 6seconds not timed it tho so would have to time it,and would say it similar to a mazda 6 mps 2.5 turbo, dont think i would beat it but wouldent be very far behind,and will check to see where the piping goes
    They don't make a Mazda 6 MPS which is 2.5 and turbo?

    Ahh yeah Quattro1, I forgot the inlet manifolds are backwards on AGU/AUM's.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

    Then never do them.

  12. #51
    Inertiauk's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    They don't make a Mazda 6 MPS which is 2.5 and turbo?

    Its a 2.3 Turbo
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
    Driving a 2004 B6 Audi S4 - Stage 2

    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

  13. #52
    16Klappe's Avatar
    Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    4,899

    My Social Networking

    Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Inertiauk View Post
    Its a 2.3 Turbo
    I know that, and you obviously know that...but he doesn't?

    They make a 2.3T, and a 2.5 NA but not a 2.5T.
    Last edited by 16Klappe; 6th May 2011 at 17:54.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

    Then never do them.

  14. #53
    davidniclee's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    west wales
    Posts
    96
    left side piped to throttle body and right side goes round the back to the turbo i think and on the right side pipe there is like a pancake sort of box will upload a pic in a bit just having my dinner

  15. #54
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,156
    You bloody nit pickers lol
    Inertiauk likes this.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  16. #55
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    bristol
    Posts
    647
    ahh so its using the standard pipework thats pretty cool. get rid of that red audi badge and mesh the bumper and it'l look sweet
    99' a3 quattro - k03s, carbonio cai, simota cone filter, FMIC, raceland coilovers, fully polybushed, forge TIP, forge 007p, forge coolant hose kit, forge throttle body pipe, stainless catback, brembo pads, stage one map, black angel eyes, 17" radius r3's gt28rs coming very very soon

  17. #56
    davidniclee's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    west wales
    Posts
    96
    sorry thought it was 2.5 its a 2.3 my mistake

  18. #57
    16Klappe's Avatar
    Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    4,899

    My Social Networking

    Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by davidniclee View Post
    sorry thought it was 2.5 its a 2.3 my mistake
    Fair enough.

    Get it on an RR, I'm desperate to see if it's got some go in it.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

    Then never do them.

  19. #58
    davidniclee's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    west wales
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Fair enough.

    Get it on an RR, I'm desperate to see if it's got some go in it.
    how much would it be and where is the nearist one to aberystwyth wales

  20. #59
    16Klappe's Avatar
    Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    4,899

    My Social Networking

    Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by davidniclee View Post
    how much would it be and where is the nearist one to aberystwyth wales
    Would guess Bristol, but have a google.

    I doubt its any more than 190BHP though.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

    Then never do them.

  21. #60
    davidniclee's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    west wales
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Would guess Bristol, but have a google.

    I doubt its any more than 190BHP though.
    no i meant how much would it cost not how much the bhp lol

  22. #61
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    bristol
    Posts
    647
    its about £60 for a dyno run mate, id expect more like 200bhp maybe more if the prev owner has slapped a ko3s on there
    99' a3 quattro - k03s, carbonio cai, simota cone filter, FMIC, raceland coilovers, fully polybushed, forge TIP, forge 007p, forge coolant hose kit, forge throttle body pipe, stainless catback, brembo pads, stage one map, black angel eyes, 17" radius r3's gt28rs coming very very soon

  23. #62
    16Klappe's Avatar
    Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    4,899

    My Social Networking

    Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by davidniclee View Post
    no i meant how much would it cost not how much the bhp lol
    Yeah, I said I would guess Bristol would be your nearest RR and you will have to google it. Prices vary widely, £30-50 is a good guess.

    In terms of power, I'm pretty confident it'll still be running a KO3 which with the bits I can see in your engine bay would flow 190BHP with a stage one map MAX. You'd be lucky to get 180/185 with that filter, TIP and I can't see a 007P though.

    quattro1, do you think you can pick up a KO3S'd A3 for £700? Judging by the fitting of the FMIC, stock TIP and filter setup I'd say it hasn't got a KO3S on it. Why would you fit a KO3S and a FMIC without doing a TIP?
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

    Then never do them.

  24. #63
    davidniclee's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    west wales
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Yeah, I said I would guess Bristol would be your nearest RR and you will have to google it. Prices vary widely, £30-50 is a good guess.

    In terms of power, I'm pretty confident it'll still be running a KO3 which with the bits I can see in your engine bay would flow 190BHP with a stage one map MAX. You'd be lucky to get 180/185 with that filter, TIP and I can't see a 007P though.

    quattro1, do you think you can pick up a KO3S'd A3 for £700? Judging by the fitting of the FMIC, stock TIP and filter setup I'd say it hasn't got a KO3S on it. Why would you fit a KO3S and a FMIC without doing a TIP?


    that price isnt to bad will try a find oneround by me

    and whats a tip and 007p

  25. #64
    davidniclee's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    west wales
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by davidniclee View Post
    that price isnt to bad will try a find oneround by me

    and whats a tip and 007p
    it also has waste gate chatter/turbo flutter how can i fix that

  26. #65
    16Klappe's Avatar
    Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    4,899

    My Social Networking

    Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by davidniclee View Post
    and whats a tip and 007p
    The blue pipe behind the MAF is the turbo intake pipe (TIP) and the 007P is the silver recirculating dump valve in this pic of our A3 -

    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

    Then never do them.

  27. #66
    davidniclee's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    west wales
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    The blue pipe behind the MAF is the turbo intake pipe (TIP) and the 007P is the silver recirculating dump valve in this pic of our A3 -


    where you have got the silver dv iv got a black plastic one i think

  28. #67
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    bristol
    Posts
    647
    if your getting a fluttering sound then the standard diverter valve is knackered, get a forge 007p as said above that'l sort it out
    99' a3 quattro - k03s, carbonio cai, simota cone filter, FMIC, raceland coilovers, fully polybushed, forge TIP, forge 007p, forge coolant hose kit, forge throttle body pipe, stainless catback, brembo pads, stage one map, black angel eyes, 17" radius r3's gt28rs coming very very soon

  29. #68
    16Klappe's Avatar
    Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    4,899

    My Social Networking

    Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by davidniclee View Post
    where you have got the silver dv iv got a black plastic one i think
    That will be the standard DV then, so by the looks of it bar a front mount and an air filter your engine is pretty stock. Has it got an exhaust?

    Reckon you can get a decent picture of the turbo and downpipe?
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

    Then never do them.

  30. #69
    davidniclee's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    west wales
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    That will be the standard DV then, so by the looks of it bar a front mount and an air filter your engine is pretty stock. Has it got an exhaust?

    Reckon you can get a decent picture of the turbo and downpipe?
    as far as i can see it has standard exhaust the down pipe from the turbo is quite big and silver will have to get pics tomorrow as the camera wont be charged by the time its dark

  31. #70
    davidniclee's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    west wales
    Posts
    96
    i tested it lastnight and the 0-60 was 8.42 and i did spin a little bit and looked at other engines and think mine is def stock just got a fmic for looks by the look of it

  32. #71
    voorhees's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leafy Warwickshire
    Posts
    14,616
    Quote Originally Posted by davidniclee View Post
    i tested it lastnight and the 0-60 was 8.42 and i did spin a little bit and looked at other engines and think mine is def stock just got a fmic for looks by the look of it
    Did you switch off traction control (ESP) ?
    Cannot believe a fmic would be fitted on a standard one,unless it was free

  33. #72
    davidniclee's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    west wales
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    Did you switch off traction control (ESP) ?
    Cannot believe a fmic would be fitted on a standard one,unless it was free
    it hasent got esp as far as i no

  34. #73
    16Klappe's Avatar
    Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    4,899

    My Social Networking

    Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    Did you switch off traction control (ESP) ?
    Cannot believe a fmic would be fitted on a standard one,unless it was free
    Esp isnt fitted on pre facelifts Jase.

    I dont want to believe anybody would fit an fmic to a standard A3, but as the bumper proves people will do literally anything these days. Chin up, it could have been a 1.6!
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

    Then never do them.

  35. #74
    davidniclee's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    west wales
    Posts
    96
    well if i decide to tune it ,it saves me buying a fmic, once cash allows might get a ko3s with forge tip+ remap and 007p.is a 007p a diverter valve/dv, im still learning.

  36. #75
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    bristol
    Posts
    647
    yep 007p a diverter valve, im not overly impressed with mine but i guess it does the job lol

    atleast the front mount is done and out of the way, one of the more costly/time consuming mods for these cars i think
    99' a3 quattro - k03s, carbonio cai, simota cone filter, FMIC, raceland coilovers, fully polybushed, forge TIP, forge 007p, forge coolant hose kit, forge throttle body pipe, stainless catback, brembo pads, stage one map, black angel eyes, 17" radius r3's gt28rs coming very very soon

  37. #76
    16Klappe's Avatar
    Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    4,899

    My Social Networking

    Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro1 View Post
    yep 007p a diverter valve, im not overly impressed with mine but i guess it does the job lol

    atleast the front mount is done and out of the way, one of the more costly/time consuming mods for these cars
    Fmic kits are £220, so not that expensive.

    Judging by the ribbed hosing on it I would say the stock setup would flow so much better that it would probably run worse as it is than stock.

    Also, what is there to not be "overly impressed" about with a 007p? They are a great bit of kit!
    Last edited by 16Klappe; 7th May 2011 at 23:47.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

    Then never do them.

  38. #77
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West london
    Posts
    379
    Mazda 6 mps 2.3 turbo

  39. #78
    davidniclee's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    west wales
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro1 View Post
    yep 007p a diverter valve, im not overly impressed with mine but i guess it does the job lol

    atleast the front mount is done and out of the way, one of the more costly/time consuming mods for these cars i think
    also does the 007p have the normal dv sound or is it silent

  40. #79
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    With the dv and a cone filter there's a bit of roar and then a tshhhh, you can hear it, but it's not 'boy racerish'

  41. #80
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    2,490
    Reminds me of a Pulsar GT-R... not the way I'd go with an Audi though, looks a bit aggressive.
    Hunt is over

    1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO