Farewell li'l buddy

MartayMcFly

Booooooost
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Well, that time has come. I'm offskies... kind of. My shiny new 8P was dropped off this morning, so I will no longer be perusing the 8L forum. I'm sure I'll probably be flooding the forums with "what's this do?" and "should this beep?" etc... hopefully get a proper detail done soon and get some pics up.

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who helped, you're welcome to anyone I might have been able to help, and see you on the flip side to you fine lads and ladettes.

ps Anyone around Cumbria should maybe just keep away from any high mileage Ming Blue S3s with half-alcantara (plate ends OEZ)... I sold it because it was slowly dying. There was a weird tick that no-one could even identify, let alone rectify, and the rear diff was starting to mess up full-lock maneuvers (inside rear wheel would lock and drag). I loved that car, but it wasn't meant to last :blownose:

Now, to find alloys and a remap... so much to do, so little time! :jump:

2001 AUDI S3 Quattro

Found the old one on Autotrader... they must have spent a fair wedge sorting all the issues I had with the car, hence the rather hefty price.

Pics of the new motor went up in the 8P forum a while ago, btw.