Tram Lining

5ean

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Morning all.

My car has a serious tram lining issue.. Any time i hit the white lines it starts pulling. Recently changed the rear shocks (thanks Westle) and was going to book it in for a 4 wheel alignment but i noticed something when it was up on the ramps getting sorted.. Looking from underneith the car, where the front wheel is parallel with the front shocker, the right hand side has about 5-10mm clearance whereas the left side is a good 30 odd mm. I'm assuming the left hand side is what its meant to be as the right hand side seems awfull close to the shocker? I donr suppose anyone has any pictures looking up at the fron shock with the wheel still on do they?

Also, would i be right in saying that its potentially the hub that bent? Whatever it is, no doubt its going to cost a mortgage to put right :(

Cheers

i dont think the bushes could affect the clearance between the shock and the wheel.

Shock is bolted to the upright in a fixed position.

i wouldnt have thought it would be the bushes? I was thinking hub or possibly even the axle might have had a knock at some point?

Is there an easy way to check any of the above?

Mine had bad tramlining until I swapped out the track rod ends at the hub end and it's been superb ever since.. No more lurching at the slightest camber change :)

How much were you to replace the track rod ends mate? Did you get a 4wheel alignment after that?

They were about 12 quid a side from Audi as far as I can remember - did have the tracking done but that was 20 quid. Well worth the 50 quid for the lot !