Please Help - New Alpine HU - No Sound?

coajt

Reaction score
Hi Guys

My new Alpine (9835) HU arrived this morning, using hopefully all the required adaptors/connectors I've installed it correctly (I think) and the HU turns on and can be used ok, the only issue is that I cannot hear any music, so obviously the speakers are somehow not being used? Any ideas?

I'm using the RCA output leads (running the speakers from these) from car audio direct. I was advised this would work.

I've simply removed the Concert HU and will still be using the BOSE speakers.

Any help tonight would be really appreciated, I'm losing all hope in this damn BOSE setup! You should see the amount of wires....

HELP Andy Mac!

Thanks

Adam

what are the RCA's connected to from the headunit? i.e whats at the other end of them? they wont go to the speakers...
The speakers will be wired up with normal wiring, as in a positive and negative wire... If that makes sense?!?

Have you connected the remote on lead (the separate flying lead on the adapter) to the remote on from the new head unit?

no, i'm such a tw*t, i was advised by a so called 'reputable' company to connect that wire to the atenna. I'll take your advice and try it in the morning, i'm sure it will work a treat!

very rude of me, forgot to say thanks. Thanks for your help once again, your a star!

Thats the wire that turns on the Bose amps, what they meant was connect it to the power antenna wire on the HU which does the same job, i.e. it feeds 12v out when you turn the head unit on. You'll need to connect the aerial amp to that wire, to turn the aerial amp on with the radio, assuming you've bought the aerial amp. If not you will find the radio signal a bit weak, and AM non existent.

aerial amp