Eibach Pro-Kit

spencer-s3

2nd gear
Reaction score
Quick Questions, Im thinking of fitting the Eibach Pro-Kit to my S3.

Will the ride be affected with just the springs or do in need to fit any thing else ei Tie Arms,
Anti Roll Bars etc

any help whould be great :salute:

not sure if you mean ride height or ride quality?.

I replaced my springs with the pro kit after some oem spring fatigue breakages. The ride height lowering described by eibach (cannot remember off the top of my head) is relative to the a3 so as the s3 is already lowered compared to the a3 the lowering is very minimal on an s3.

I thought the ride was actually softer than stock when cruising but the springs are progressive so they tighten up in the corners and feel nice........no special tie arms or arbs were required.

I will however be upgrading my arbs with the eibach kit over the summer as i still think there is too much roll for my tastes.....but my arb bushes are shot so a timely upgrade for me.

in terms of immediate turn-in stiffness (if you want it), i think that is a shocks upgrade required .........i will be getting the koni shocks when the bank manager allows....

I have just done the suspension bushes inc dogbone mount (but minus arbs) with Superpro polys........huge improvement.....much tighter.

I replaced my springs with the pro kit after some oem spring fatigue breakages. The ride height lowering described by eibach (cannot remember off the top of my head) is relative to the a3 so as the s3 is already lowered compared to the a3 the lowering is very minimal on an s3.

I thought the ride was actually softer than stock when cruising but the springs are progressive so they tighten up in the corners and feel nice........no special tie arms or arbs were required.

I will however be upgrading my arbs with the eibach kit over the summer as i still think there is too much roll for my tastes.....but my arb bushes are shot so a timely upgrade for me.

in terms of immediate turn-in stiffness (if you want it), i think that is a shocks upgrade required .........i will be getting the koni shocks when the bank manager allows....

I have just done the suspension bushes inc dogbone mount (but minus arbs) with Superpro polys........huge improvement.....much tighter.

Great thanks chazza, Which dogbone mounts did you fit? I'm sure I read some where, that it increases the small vibrations on the road, is that true mate?

Great thanks chazza, Which dogbone mounts did you fit? I'm sure I read some where, that it increases the small vibrations on the road, is that true mate?

from what i have read, most people fit the a3 diesel powerflex dogbone mount to reduce excessive vibrations from the s3 version.. (although i understand that after about a month the vibrations will die down anyway).

Super pro do 2 versions: 80 shore and 90 shore stiffness........i fitted the 80 (softer) to avoid any excessive vibrations......to be honest i dont really notice any extra vibrations in the cabin with the 80 over the stock...........makes me wonder if i could have gotten away with the 90 instead.

The vibrations you would get would typically be under engine braking.

U had a updated s3 dog bone fitted and yes it did vibrate for like a good year or so but I don't notice it at all anymore :)
I wouldn't bolt anything diesel to my car

You may also need adjustable rear tie bars on the S3 but you won't know for sure until you fit the springs.

It is always best to fit them but you can sometimes get away with the standard ones.

Damian @ DPM Performance