porsche 996 brake setup,, advice please!!

S3BN_H

Reaction score
hello guy/girls, been a long time since ive bn on here, iv bn a busy boy, fitted my plate and coilovers and got a set of rear spacers, finaly got the car looking how i want it to look, was out in it yesterday and first experience of brake fade ive heard so much about, anyway so i went along to my mate who i new had porsche calipers that he removed from his 996, so i can get his front calipers for a good price and looking for some advice as to what discs and brackets to use and where to get them from ?? any advice would be much appreciated,,
sean

yeah thats the thread id rear before, anyone no where or if i can get adaptors for 996 front to fit my standard 312 dics?? any help would be greatly appreciated, sean

Hey mate,I'm currently I'm the middle of this upgrade myself so I can help a bit.
The carriers I bought from Creations Motorsport- Creationsmotorsport.com,,Porsche->-VAG-Brake-Adapters
The disks I have ordered from a company called Mintbitz(0800 411 8007), I have ordered 330x28mm disks ment for an Alfa Brera,but Mintbitz are redrilling them and making up spigot rings aswell. Braided lines I bought from Badger 5. This little project has nearly cost me a grand now including refurbing the calipers,I better stop on a 2p piece when it's finished! Also,I don't know what wheels your running but check clearance!

cheers for the info mate, my luck the adaptors are out of stock ha! im running bbs ch but willing to put on spacers if needed, get pics up when your done mate! sean

Hi, i believe you can use mk4 golf R32 front discs when using these calipers.

Will do Sean. The calipers are at the paint shop at the moment,and I've just Hammerite'd the pad retaining springs. Just guna have a hunt around the forum for recommended brake fluid and when the disks turn up it's all systems go!