What brake pads?

eh free

Reaction score
Hey guys i'm fairy new to Audi just bought one couple of weeks ago and am lookin to get abit of work done to it!

Picked up an A3 1.8T which had pretty poor brakes so iv'e ordered new brake discs ,

was wondering if anyone can advise me on which brake pads to go for?

lookin to get fairly decent ones as i want to increase the power in the future so want good brakes to compliment it!

I was looking at EBC redstuff but can't find any for the A3 1.8T only green stuff does anyone kno if i can use a different car or models pad or do i have to go for the green stuff?

any help wud b appreciated thanks,

Raf.

Ferodo ds2500 for the win

Thanks Dane, do u kno where the best place to pick them up from? price wise (as i am only a student pockets are tight at the mo)

and wud u advise to get all four?

had a look on ebay they only have the rear ones and track day wud they be ok for road use?

thanks again

Bill @ badger 5 sells ds2500s,

With regards to your rears it's hard to say, have a look at them and see what they're like. The fronts do most of the braking on s3's anyway

I've got EBC Green stuff on my A3 with the discs upgraded to S3 312mm ones. Cant fault that set up to be fair but when the EBC's wear out I'm going to punt for a set of DS2500's.

If your brakes feel pants then change the fluid in there. Buy an easy bleed kit and bobs your uncle.

Thanks guys was my first post woop woop much appreciated!

Damn i only heard about the S3 front disc upgrade after ordering my ones which are for A3!

I've tried the red stuff a few times ant find I get too much fade with them so I swapped to the yellow stuff which ive used twice and find they slaughter discs like hell!!!
Now I'm onto theses mintex pads recommended by some guys that do a lot of track days and if say it's been the best set up so far!!!
So for me it's brembo discs minted pads :)

I've tried the red stuff a few times ant find I get too much fade with them so I swapped to the yellow stuff which ive used twice and find they slaughter discs like hell!!!
Now I'm onto theses mintex pads recommended by some guys that do a lot of track days and if say it's been the best set up so far!!!
So for me it's brembo discs minted pads :)

Just general mintex pads or are there paticular ones to opt for?

MMMmmm not sure bout the numbers but I can find out on Tuesday if u want

only if it aint too much trouble, then yeah would b much appreciated if u can get the numbers cheers!