Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Benjamins S2000 air filter mod.

3rd Gear

Status
    No worries. Just tie it out the way is what i've done; I've been meaning to tie some tights over it or buy a little filter for it...but truth be told, it's been just wide open for a while and is fine.

Debatable improvements from removing the system compeltely - essentially it saves some weight

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Tim_Attard on Facebook
    cool im just gonna get a little filter there only £4 on a popular auction site

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow BenJee_S3 On Twitter Add BenJee_S3 on Facebook Visit BenJee_S3's Youtube Channel Visit BenJee_S3's Instagram Channel
    Awesome mod, picked up the blueprint filter from work yesterday and fitted it in 10 mins!

instantly noticed the difference in power delivery and noise

Neutral

Status
    just ordered mine from ECP... picking it up in a couple of hours

the guy on the phone said there crap tho!!
    .... he said cos there paper they just fall apart when they get wet... so unless you have them in a box there useless!

anyone had any issues with them since fitting one?
    2002 Audi S3
    Ming Blue
    "Gasses go into the turbocharger and spins it... witchcraft happens and you go faster" - Jeremy Clarkson

3rd Gear

Status
    nope. They should be lightly oiled in order to withstand moisture

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow BenJee_S3 On Twitter Add BenJee_S3 on Facebook Visit BenJee_S3's Youtube Channel Visit BenJee_S3's Instagram Channel
    Mine was also oiled.. if there was so much water getting in to the engine bay, we'd have bigger problems than replacing a £18 filter!

3rd Gear

Status
    haha, also true!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJee_S3 View Post
    Mine was also oiled.. if there was so much water getting in to the engine bay, we'd have bigger problems than replacing a £18 filter!
    good point

just picked mine up, cost me £13 and its a red and black one (happy days) and is also lightly oiled
    .... gonna fit it soon as
    2002 Audi S3
    Ming Blue
    "Gasses go into the turbocharger and spins it... witchcraft happens and you go faster" - Jeremy Clarkson

Neutral

Status
    ive still not added this filter to my car yet and i still want to buy a TIP from badger5 so was gonna put these on at the same time

do these filters fit to this badger5 TIP??... V2.2 BADGER 5 SILICONE 80mm K04 TIP S3 / TT / LEON CUPRA R (with clips) | eBay
    2002 Audi S3
    Ming Blue

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by PiranhaMan View Post
    ive still not added this filter to my car yet and i still want to buy a TIP from badger5 so was gonna put these on at the same time

do these filters fit to this badger5 TIP??... V2.2 BADGER 5 SILICONE 80mm K04 TIP S3 / TT / LEON CUPRA R (with clips) | eBay
    The filter fits onto the MAF.

So if the MAF goes into the B5 TIP then the filter will fit the MAF. Which it does on a K04.

Yes basically.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    The filter fits onto the MAF.

So if the MAF goes into the B5 TIP then the filter will fit the MAF. Which it does on a K04.

Yes basically.
    ok mate cheers
    2002 Audi S3
    Ming Blue

Neutral

Status
    got mine at weekend from Euro car parts £12 squid.. Bargain took all of 5mins.

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    I relocated mine at the weekend now that my battery is in the back.

Makes no difference what so ever I'd imagine, but I had the bits, and I was bored!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

3rd Gear

Status
    mmmm...makes me want to detail my Engine bay....

no! Bad Aran...save money...saaaaaave money :P

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Can you detail mine first please, it's filthy
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

3rd Gear

Status
    :P we'll do a swap

Neutral

Status
    Well i was going to give a heads up to anyone looking at getting one of the s2k filters that it was £12.90 on Eurocarparts the other day when i ordered mine - arrived today and it's the black and red one (happy days)... But having looked on the site again its back up to £18.60 so i guess i was just lucky. Either way, part number is 50260019J for anyone interested....
    Now a question - for the guys fitting to an A3 (70mm) MAF - which reducer did people go for in the end? Ive measured and ext diameter of filter neck is about 85mm so i presumed a 85/86 - 70mm reducer would be in order but im reading that people have gone for 80mm? would it stretch that much? Heads up would be good as it seems there have been variations on the theme...
    Thanks, Ollie

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by olibattman View Post
    Well i was going to give a heads up to anyone looking at getting one of the s2k filters that it was £12.90 on Eurocarparts the other day when i ordered mine - arrived today and it's the black and red one (happy days)... But having looked on the site again its back up to £18.60 so i guess i was just lucky. Either way, part number is 50260019J for anyone interested....
    Still £12.90 if you look in the right place
    OE Quality Honda | Car Parts 4 Less UK’s No.1 Car Parts Retailer
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Neutral

Status
    Nicely done sir

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    Still £12.90 if you look in the right place
    OE Quality Honda | Car Parts 4 Less UK’s No.1 Car Parts Retailer
    Is that one green or red though?

Ming Blue S3, Stage 3 Hybrid Turbo, Custom Map, Bosch 480 injectors, Custom TIP, Forge FMIC, 3" Downpipe, 200 Cell Sport CAT, Full Stainless, XS Power Mani, 6 Paddle Clutch, Red silicone hoses, LCR Brembo's, Forge 007p, KW Suspension Kit, Green filter, THS Mounts, 11mm & 16mm spacers, H&R Anti-roll bars, RS6 18" alloys, Michelin PS3's, Red Dog Bone Mount, Neuspeed quickshift, Boost Gauge, Aero wipers, LCR splitter, Forge Tie-bars, LED bulbs, Armrest, Custom TT pedals.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimgrim77 View Post
    Is that one green or red though?
    Well i think that site and the ECP site always show that nasty green one in the picture, but mine arrived and was a red and black one - reading through, people have had a few variations, so i guess it's luck of the draw...

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post

Makes no difference what so ever I'd imagine, but I had the bits, and I was bored!

I LOVE the orange in your bay, Prawn... Whats the best way to paint the rocker cover and all that the way that you have it? Powder coat or will some high temp spray paint do the trick?
    Also, just ordered a couple of meters of 4mm Vac hose from JS performance along with the reducer i need for the filter - which lines can i swap out for this stuff and what sort of clips do i need? Sorry, newbie questions...
    Thanks...

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post

Whats yours thought Prawn, or anyone's thoughts really, on heatshielding this s2000 airfilter?

not seen many with anything mounted in this thread.

Also was Tufty's discreetly mounted cone filter in old airbox casement born out of the desire for the OEM look or consideration for requirement for maximising cold air...

have purchased one of these to test but want to ensure all of the variables have been considered.

Ming Blue S3, Stage 3 Hybrid Turbo, Custom Map, Bosch 480 injectors, Custom TIP, Forge FMIC, 3" Downpipe, 200 Cell Sport CAT, Full Stainless, XS Power Mani, 6 Paddle Clutch, Red silicone hoses, LCR Brembo's, Forge 007p, KW Suspension Kit, Green filter, THS Mounts, 11mm & 16mm spacers, H&R Anti-roll bars, RS6 18" alloys, Michelin PS3's, Red Dog Bone Mount, Neuspeed quickshift, Boost Gauge, Aero wipers, LCR splitter, Forge Tie-bars, LED bulbs, Armrest, Custom TT pedals.

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Tim_Attard on Facebook
    im running a heat shield with it, not sure if it makes any difference i just prefer the neatness of it

Neutral

Status
    Lots like an interesting cheap mod . Although I never thought I'd be buying honda parts.
    Last edited by Shaunie Eire; 1st June 2013 at 01:23.

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Don't read into heat shields too much Jim; I'm yet to see any believable proof that they actually make any difference on our cars. Our ECU is clever enough to adapt for the increase in flow and once it goes through a turbo its all the same any way.

Tufftys mod was purely cosmetic.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

1st Gear

Status
    I just phoned CPA to see if they had one on the shelf. He said "have you got the reg for that?" "afraid not, just know it's an early one" "do you just want a cone filter for your car by any chance?" "maybe..."

Guessing he's had that before... Anyway, getting one for 3:30 today

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    I just phoned CPA to see if they had one on the shelf. He said "have you got the reg for that?" "afraid not, just know it's an early one" "do you just want a cone filter for your car by any chance?" "maybe..."

Guessing he's had that before... Anyway, getting one for 3:30 today
    Where or who is CPA out of interest?
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

1st Gear

Status
    Car Parts & Accessories in Chichester

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Car Parts & Accessories in Chichester
    How much was the filter from there out of interest?
    2000 S3 APY

1st Gear

Status
    £20...More than online, I know. But I'm impatient!

3rd Gear

Status
    I got one today (just to join the wagon) I deliver to 2 Honda dealerships one in Halifax quoted me £24 (I thought asif) so lucky enough I was at Leeds Honda this aft and was quoted £18.60 he said the dealership pay £11.99 for them and cant understand how ppl on ebay do them so cheap.

My first words to him was "have you got an s2000 Airfilter for an audi A3" he looked at me daft lol.

anyway gonna pop out n get it on now
    Ill try stuff out! If you never try and never fail, you will never know and never learn.

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Mi11ar's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsuk View Post
    I got one today (just to join the wagon) I deliver to 2 Honda dealerships one in Halifax quoted me £24 (I thought asif) so lucky enough I was at Leeds Honda this aft and was quoted £18.60 he said the dealership pay £11.99 for them and cant understand how ppl on ebay do them so cheap.

My first words to him was "have you got an s2000 Airfilter for an audi A3" he looked at me daft lol.

anyway gonna pop out n get it on now
    Yea I had the same reactions people kept asking me how long have I had an S2000, and when I said its going on an a3 they looked at me as if I was on drugs lol

I paid £28 from a local dealer and £12 from EBay for the adaptor

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mi11ar View Post
    Yea I had the same reactions people kept asking me how long have I had an S2000, and when I said its going on an a3 they looked at me as if I was on drugs lol

I paid £28 from a local dealer and £12 from EBay for the adaptor
    I had an adaptor from an air filter I had years ago on a Nova its about 9 years old but I kept it thinking it would come in handy! who'd of thought haha.

£28? Bloody hell fella, did they have big windows in the parts department there? they saw you coming :/ . Just Looked at my invoice and the list price is £22.50 before VAT so your
    dealer has added a pound on top with VAT it should be £27.

With dealers just go in and you tell them the price (see what other people on here pay) if you have no joy, drive to the next dealership and tell them how shocked you are about the other dealerships prices. It works (sometimes) lol.

There's a lad at our Ilkley depot who has an s2000, told him I was getting the filter, he just looked at me and said "eh?, it wont fit d**khead" lol, he is going to eat his words now haha.
    Ill try stuff out! If you never try and never fail, you will never know and never learn.

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

I went to a few places but all the local'ish places were sold out and the nearest places that sold them were a fair drive away, so I ordered the part in from a small local parts store and it arrived within 2 hours so I don't mind paying the extra few quid to save all the messing about.

It is a 70 to 80 I need right? Just making sure I don't have anymore dramas haha

Reverse Gear

Status
    ideally 70-85 would be best but dont think you can find those
    yes 70-80 willl fit although is very tight so you will need to lick it before you stick it

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Sweet ok cheers haha

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by daro View Post
    ideally 70-85 would be best but dont think you can find those
    yes 70-80 willl fit although is very tight so you will need to lick it before you stick it
    JS Performance sell 70-86. Perfect fit. Ring them as they're not advertised on the site.

£14 posted iirc.

Neutral

Status
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...id=11656833521

Found this for cheap.. is this the right size then?