Installing sub - any help!?

N4THW

Reaction score
Installing a sub into my Audi A3. Is there any spare gromets in the bulkhead or do I have to drill for the power-cable to connect to the battery? Was it easy for you guys??

Cheers!!

There is a spare grommet next to the pollen filter. You can run the cable up through the black plastic trunking that runs from the battery right up to the pollen filter.

So i do not need to drill into the bulkhead at all no? Is there anyway to earth it in the back? Because otherwise I'll have to drill?

Hi, When i did mine i didnt have to drill anything. There is a rubber gromet on the right of the firewall if you are looking into the bay from the front of the car. if you can get a screwdriver through ( it is quite hard ), then your half way there. i managed to get a 12mm power cable through it.

it ends up in the passenger foot well, if you look there you will see the rubber gromet surrounding a wiring block iifc. Thats what i did, it may work for you

As for grounding, in the boot there is that flap on the left hand side wall - ( where the bose sub goes and the cd changer ). I grounded mine to a bolt in there that screwed into the rear quarter metal. I never got power surges or cuts, and just ran the cable out the flappy door bit, it still closed over it.

Hope this helps in some way

perfect cheers 'Doby Tray' I did all the above perfectly, going to do the boot now to see if it's ok, will post!

another good earthing point is the seatbelt buckle bolt under the rear seat, you can have a decent earth there all hidden too.

Thanks guys going to finish off the boot in the am and take what u both said, any other?