r-tech at last!!!

A3tell

Reaction score
well, the time has finally arrived, r-tech in the morning!!!! now i would be quite excited about it if it wasnt for the fact that i think my car is running a little ritch!! and i cant seem to get to the bottom of it!! do you think that they might turn me away if it does turn out to be so????
i hope not, i will be gutted!!!

well, the time has finally arrived, r-tech in the morning!!!! now i would be quite excited about it if it wasnt for the fact that i think my car is running a little ritch!! and i cant seem to get to the bottom of it!! do you think that they might turn me away if it does turn out to be so????
i hope not, i will be gutted!!!

TBH with you, they may well. If there are boost leaks and the car is not in good nick they won't map it, which is harsh but shows they care.

Have you not thought to have had it checked over before the map? Vagcom'd it at all? What makes you think its running rich?

They gave us a right roasting for the state mine was in :-( Make sure you've got no boost leaks, using the right oil and VPower. Mine was full of leaks and despite being serviced properly since I've had it apparently it had crap oil before and was just generally full of gunk. All fixed now though and the map is brilliant. To be fair Nick was dead right saying he was reluctant to map it because the turbo was working so hard it kept going into limp mode until we fixed it. Bit scary at 90mph on the M3 wedged between a Merc and an Impreza! Serves me right for neglecting the car for six months when I was skint and expecting to take the sudden power upgrade without a bit of TLC really!

car has been checked, i even spent over £200 last week to get a dodgy looking water pipe replaced, and not any pipe, the main feed metal pipe that comes off the block and feeds everything else!! part was £135 on its own, at same time i got them to do oil+filter change, with an oil nick recommended, main dealer quantum platinum! £30 for 5 litres. and also to stick on the scanner which threw up NO fault codes and also to check that my boost seemed ok, is peaking at around 7.5-8 psi dropping off slightly at top end, which they said seemed ok! but have had no time to get system smoke tested to be 100%. the reason i think she may be running slightly lean is there is a small fuel smell when the car is cold. any other thoughts???

car has been checked, i even spent over £200 last week to get a dodgy looking water pipe replaced, and not any pipe, the main feed metal pipe that comes off the block and feeds everything else!! part was £135 on its own, at same time i got them to do oil+filter change, with an oil nick recommended, main dealer quantum platinum! £30 for 5 litres. and also to stick on the scanner which threw up NO fault codes and also to check that my boost seemed ok, is peaking at around 7.5-8 psi dropping off slightly at top end, which they said seemed ok! but have had no time to get system smoke tested to be 100%. the reason i think she may be running slightly lean is there is a small fuel smell when the car is cold. any other thoughts???

Sounds perfectly normal to me.

All the things you have mentioned are just routine maintenance, you should be fine with a map is its holding good boost and has been serviced. When was the cambelt and water pump done last?

It's addictive though, a stage 1 won't be enough. You'll want more and more! :p

i know what you mean..... lol already got planes for the fmic and 3" downpipe and full system, obviously followed by a custom map,maybe even go ko3s............... water pump failed last summer!!!! (bitch) so had that changed for a metal one, and belts at the same time, so only a few thousand miles on it!!!! still cant get to the bottom of the fuel smell, just hope it isnt something thats going to stop me having it done, cos its a 6.5h round trip to r-tech for me!!!! which is y i got as much checked as i could!

I went from Plymouth to Basingstoke, to R Tech, to Basingstoke to Plymouth for my trip to R-Tech haha! :p

Ahhh, well if its only an AGU you will want a KO3S to chase some real ponies. I'm guessing its a pretty standard car ATM, a good route would be 007P and air filter, silicone TIP, decat and downpipe. With maybe a set of coilovers, ARB's, poly dogbone mount and S3 brakes up front. Then when you get bored swap him over for a KO3S with an FMIC and a stage 2 map and you should see the best part of 240bhp and will have a tidy little car. The AGU head is actually better than the AUM, so really you've got a good base to start from :)

lol, thats a ****** long journey!!!! not standard now, first thing i done was 007p, then have already fitted new discs and pads all round, drilled and vented! then few weeks ago, fitted my forge tip+ jetex cone filter with a home made cold air feed and diy heat sheild for the filter, and hid's too. so already spent a few £s, plus all the damn repairs i have made since i got here 2 years ago! so am well on the way......

Stop saying 'my' trip to R-Tech Pigs!!! It's MY sodding car! You drive a Peugeot!

Stop saying 'my' trip to R-Tech Pigs!!! It's MY sodding car! You drive a Peugeot!

Well seeing as I drove it there and I paid for it I guess it was my trip, back in your box woman.

Reactions: Prawn