Brembo brakes and brake pad sensors...

I

imported_MattT

Im sure I read in another thread that you lose the use of the brake pad sensor if you fit different brakes.

Is that true? It makes sense (excuse the pun!). Im thinking about a Brembo kit, but im trying to keep any impact on the car down to a minimum from any mods I make (for when I come to sell it).

I did a search but I couldn't find the thread.

Cheers.

Matt

Yeah you do. Basically, you just short the pad sensor to stop the the warning coming on. On the ECS kit, they provide the Porsche pad sensors which you can connect up to the original wiring for the Audi ones so you can keep the feature.

Rich

Thanks Rich.

I fancy the Brembos really, but I wouldn't mind the sensor working.

hmmm, what to do...

Is there supposed to be just one sensor on the brakes because thats all mine had till i chopped it off when cchanging the brakes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I just changed my brake to Stoptech kit. The pad sensor of OEM pad had to be removed so I solved the warning light coming on by using BMW pad sensor (Cheap one). Just plug it in, it will work just fine.

bump!

The stoptech kit are also quite good but for my personal taste, I think the brembo pad and kit is much better and it last longer compare to others. I just hope that the brembo kit would be a stock for the 2012 audi a3 brake pad set because I'm planning to buy a new a3 by 2012. Anyway, just wanted to share. :blush: