Is tomorrow the official me time on the car

Yes or NO

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What jobs you got planned Dave?

I would love to spend all weekend on the car but I dont have anything to do to it at the moment :(

Round of golf tomorrow then going to a street party in the afternoon to get very drunk and eat mor BBQ food.

screw the wedding, theyre boring enough when its someone you actually care about. but thank god for a public holiday, harry needs to hurry up and get hitched!

tomoro is my dads birthday, got him a k&n filter for his bike (cbr600-rr5) to improve breathing after he fitted a scorpion system to it, cant wait to fit that and hear and be told of the improvement, he'l be one happy man.
il hopefully get round to cleaning my car, just a quick wash and shammy, maybe give my wheels a t-cut and polish.

Im about to hand in my dissertation now for uni so i am doing naaaaaffffff alll over this weekend and going to enjoy it. Just got seriously **** rapped by staples so i need to relax lol.

Actually im going to take my brakes off tomorrow and given them a clean over and regrease because they are binding pretty bad i think.

I'm gonna change Ball joints, swap rear tie bars so the forge one is on the top also change bushes at the same time, rear diff oil, haldex oil, gearbox oil and replace the steering wheel housing westle knows what i'm talking about "it goes up and down with the column". then if i still have time might roll over into saturday start making the "£20 jetex cone box".

can't wait to start in the morning. ;-)

I'm gonna change Ball joints, swap rear tie bars so the forge one is on the top also change bushes at the same time, rear diff oil, haldex oil, gearbox oil and replace the steering wheel housing westle knows what i'm talking about "it goes up and down with the column". then if i still have time might roll over into saturday start making the "£20 jetex cone box".

can't wait to start in the morning. ;-)

Wish I was getting involved in this mate :(

Got the following to do tomorrow:

Haldex filter & oil
Air filter
Pollen filter
Fuel filter
Oil filter & oil change
Clean intake manifold

Clean it, install my stereo and sort out my handsfree and HIDs if I have enough time. ECP are open tomorrow, they know we don't care about the wedding

ha ha I guess I'll be the only one watching the wedding then :3sadwalk:

the car never thanks me for spending thousands on it so it can do one.

I'll be working, the joys of being self employed! Only till dinner though, then it's off to my mates pub for BBQ and many drinks :)

work in the morning then going to attempt to do my rear wheel bearing and both outer cv joints!! not looking forward to any of it! lol anyone have any advice?? :search:

On top of work during the evening, I have a few things I need to do in the morning, which should leave me with a couple of hours in the arvo. If the wedding is over by then on tv, then I will start tinkering on my Passat...

Got the following to do tomorrow:

Haldex filter & oil
Air filter
Pollen filter
Fuel filter
Oil filter & oil change
Clean intake manifold

Clean it, install my stereo and sort out my handsfree and HIDs if I have enough time. ECP are open tomorrow, they know we don't care about the wedding

off topic but love ur sig! LOL

Building my new head and fitting it to the engine is the plan...

<tuffty/>

ha ha I guess I'll be the only one watching the wedding then :3sadwalk:

the car never thanks me for spending thousands on it so it can do one.

Is William and Kate going to thank you lol :)

I was hoping to plumb in a UNOS mbc but Awesome can't hold of them yet so i'll be cleaning the car (again) and sorting out my airbox

i wanna wait until it gets hotter then clean under the arches and re paint calipers. need a whole day with the car and lots of NON fidly stuff to do lol. hope u sort ya everything out :p

Think ill cut the lawn and keep my wife happy, then fix my ABS, front left wheel have a new loom to fit. Love the royals or hate them, its what we/this country is, steeped in military and monarchey history going back centuries, we are the envy of the world. What ever you do while the wedding is on, just enjoy!

DC

I'm going to be spending the day reading and tickering with every thing on the new car.

Loads of gadgets and ****** all idea how any of it works lol

Think ill cut the lawn and keep my wife happy, then fix my ABS, front left wheel have a new loom to fit. Love the royals or hate them, its what we/this country is, steeped in military and monarchey history going back centuries, we are the envy of the world. What ever you do while the wedding is on, just enjoy!

DC
Agreed and wish them all the best, americans seem to love it......but you dont have to watch it...

I was planning a long lie in, maybe wash the car (if it's sunny), then have a few thing to take care of for work (away for 6 weeks on Tuesday). Then pub for either 3 or 5, depending if mates can get away from work early.

Think I'll be washing mine as it has a few thousand bugs splattered on the front. Also stopping my brakes from squealing :beee:

grr i got bugs that are dryed onto windscreen even after a wash still thee :( thing i need sum tar/bug remover n let it soak. and my brakes squeel to. driving me mad!

Caught a bit of the wedding, no close up of Kate's **** which was a poor error on the BBC's part

But she did look beautiful and good luck to them both.

Back to car stuff now

Hi all, am new here!

I've just finished replacing the timing belt, tensioner, water pump, camshaft sensor & also air filter, pollen filter, oil, oil filter. All is working fine after a quick spin! Just have to live with the new timing belt whine for a while until it beds in, tired to say the least! All that's left to do this weekend is the fuel filter. Doubled checked everything over with the ol' obd2 scanner and alls good :D Now for an ice cold cider!

I watched the wedding on my phone whilst in the garage. :p Hope everyone's mods/upgrades go smoothly!

Hi all, am new here!

I've just finished replacing the timing belt, tensioner, water pump, camshaft sensor & also air filter, pollen filter, oil, oil filter. All is working fine after a quick spin! Just have to live with the new timing belt whine for a while until it beds in, tired to say the least! All that's left to do this weekend is the fuel filter. Doubled checked everything over with the ol' obd2 scanner and alls good :D Now for an ice cold cider!

I watched the wedding on my phone whilst in the garage. :p Hope everyone's mods/upgrades go smoothly!

You should know that the timing belt should whine after a change... usually means something else is wrong.... check the serpentine belt tensioner, last time I heard a whine from a belt change was due to the incorrect fitment of the tensioner having the bracket that uses the 2 top bolts being fitted the wrong side... this caused the tensioner to be at a slight angle and made a whining noise... it also destroyed the serpentine belt...

<tuffty/>

Thanks for the info, I took photos of the belt area before I disassembled anything. I just checked and they are the right way around hmm. I wasn't bothered because everywhere online states it's normal for a new belt to whine for a good few hundred miles? It's not a loud squeal or chirp as well; AKL 1.6 engine by the way. Will have another look today, maybe the automatic tensioner needs replacing.

You should know that the timing belt should whine after a change... usually means something else is wrong.... check the serpentine belt tensioner, last time I heard a whine from a belt change was due to the incorrect fitment of the tensioner having the bracket that uses the 2 top bolts being fitted the wrong side... this caused the tensioner to be at a slight angle and made a whining noise... it also destroyed the serpentine belt...

<tuffty/>
Got a pic of a correctly fitted one?

I lost a day due to being dragged into work on Friday night(10pm ***!!!) and being sent to Bristol due to the swampies kicking off over that new Tesco so lost a lot of Saturday due to being in bed!.

Going to give the car a good clean today inside and out and then give everything a check over for its MOT in a few days. Got a bit of a knock at the front that I cant put my finger on so the MOT man will have to identify it for me! :)

T

Got a few jobs done on mine, front brakes now don't squeal. Rears I couldn't get off as they have been replaced with Allen Key bolts... Bottom heat shield removed from the cats and I've also discovered that one of my rear springs has snapped :(

Got a pic of a correctly fitted one?

52848b4d-8bb7-ac82.jpg

Here's mine (AKL) is this correct? The whine is coming from the timing belt I think, however it's slowly fading away.