2 old 2 mod? How old r u?

Ade_D

Reaction score
Website
www.pixworld.co.uk

What is the average age of an S3 owner on here?

I've just turned 32, am married with 2 great kids but i'm still into modding my cars. I like to think i've moved on from the Chav styles of today and my mods are subtle but what i'm asking is

Am i too old to mod?

Should i be content with a standard family car like a Focus Ghia or something....Oh my god! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Is this my mid life crises starting already!

30.5 and can't mod because of insurance - Bell Direct (cheap tho!). No wife, no kids (that i know of)!!

But will definitely be remapping next year. :)

I would say that you are never too old to mod /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I am 21 but I've got the 1.8 T

I am 30 and would mod if I was not expecting my first kid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I am 22! am i the youngest s3 owner? and yes i can mod. on the cards, revo,brembo and miltek all accepted by my insurance!

Im 24, wouldn't mod my S3 apart from a remap. Just in case it affects the resale value in the future. I know I only looked at S3's with factory fitted kit when I was in the market.

neil - looks like you've got some nuclear power in your car!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif How does that affect performance!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm 26 next month, and as long as it's not chav style, you're never too old to mod!

Hi, 33 on 1st Feb. hopefully the wife will buy me R32 front discs to go with the Porsche calipers I bought. Don't think I'm too old. As long as you are still passionate about it , great. Admitedately other things sometimes take priority(kids,house,etc) and things take a little longer to do. Tell you what though, am I the oldest modder on here ? Someone make me feel better.

Chris.

im 19 and have a 1.8tq. only had it a week and am getting ready to order wheels.lol

rivet how are you and your brother insured on these? location maybe?

cant remember how old ... but was born in '73
never too old

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Another child of 1973, so I'm 31.

My dad has a 1997 Passat TDi 110. He had that chipped by AmD back in 1999 when he was 68. Still going strong (both Dad and the car!)

He also had from new an early (Feb 1987) Mk2 Golf GTi 16v which was lowered, had a Votex(?) bodykit and BBS 3 piece wheels. He was a mere 56 when had that done.

So in summary - you're never too old!

I'm 26... a ford are u feelin ok haha well make sure its the sti version then.. so u still got the power..

I'm 23 and can't wait to get modding my s3, I think you are never to old to mod, my dad is considering getting a supercharger for his lexus... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Just need to win the lottery and my S3 will be sorted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

47!!!!!!!!( couldn;t find a graemlin with a stick or grey hair /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif)

Brakes,shocks, springs next

I am 22 (just turned) on a 225BHP S3. Had it for nearly 12 months now and I love it.

I don't have any modifications. The S3 is such a lovely car without them; very executive and prestigious. One thing that I am undecided about, however, is the car's image.

The car looks really nice. I was in front of a dolphin grey one exactly the same as mine on the motorway the other day and I kept looking in my rear-view mirror, wanting to pull over in fear it would annihalate me... then I remembered I had one too hehe. It certainly has an aggressive look about it. That said, it doesn't look that much like a sportscar. Of course, it is a head-turner to people who know their cars (generally older blokes or scooby drivers I find) but it doesn't have that WOW factor of something like a 350Z or a certain few other cars in this league.

Still, all this said, I wouldn't mod it's looks, though. It would spoil it (apart from RS4 wheels or front bumper which are nice).

On the other hand, the look of the S3 (did someone say A3?) is great for the stealth factor. When Billy Burberry in his Nova or Citroen, even barry BMW or Victor Vectra (I make these jokes up for free!) is at the side of you looking and revving, he gets the shock of his life when the lights go on green (happens all the time!)

My thoughts are this... Don't over-mod such a nice motor. Performance-wise, I was considering a remap, but I am going to get rid of the S3 in September and get something new. I really want to get up there into the 300 horsies mark.

My old man put it straight: "yes a nice car. it's fast enough already, though, so if you want something faster, get something that is balls-out; something that looks the part!" I had to agree. For insurance purposes too (especially at my age), mods are a no-no. If I want a better, quicker car, i'd have to go for one that is standard like that and then maybe up it. Once you get the S3 towards 300 brake, I'd imagine you'd have to start spending big bucks on other things liek breaks etc. And then, even then, it is still an S3. If you start off with near that amount (300BHP), imagine what you could get out...

Does anyone have any suggestions of what my next car can be???

[ QUOTE ]
ANDYTQ said:
I guess i win so far 40 in May,i don't act it mind you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

****** hell Andy, I would have never said you were nearly 40!

And agree with everyone else, your never too old to mod. Its just with age you get more money and buy more expensive cars which cost more to modify! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Run www.jbrperformance.co.uk and also work for a small IT company where i get away with murder, get paid for it and sit on here all day... oh yeah, and occasionally do some work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

When do I start /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Hi all,
I was pretty shocked too marctwo. You guys are certainly doing something right, driving these flash cars at such an early age. I was still a student until 21, and would've have been lucky to be driving an nissan micra, let alone an Audi S3 then. We all come from different backgrounds I suppose.

Nice work though Rich, starting your own company.

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Run www.jbrperformance.co.uk and also work for a small IT company where i get away with murder, get paid for it and sit on here all day... oh yeah, and occasionally do some work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
glen said:

Nice work though Rich, starting your own company.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks... it has its perks!

[ QUOTE ]
marctwo said:
No offence but how the heck can you guys afford an S3 age 19/20/21 etc?? I'm 28 and consider myself pretty lucky to be able to afford one.

[/ QUOTE ]

got a good steady job and still live at home... ditched an expensive girlfriend last year so bought the s3 as a replacement!!!! far more reliable than a 20 yr old blond any day of the week!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jedi-knight83 said:
[ QUOTE ]
marctwo said:
No offence but how the heck can you guys afford an S3 age 19/20/21 etc?? I'm 28 and consider myself pretty lucky to be able to afford one.

[/ QUOTE ]

got a good steady job and still live at home... ditched an expensive girlfriend last year so bought the s3 as a replacement!!!! far more reliable than a 20 yr old blond any day of the week!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I had my first S3 (brand new) when I was 22. This only happened because I was earning resonable money BUT still living with Parents, paying no rent! (Easy days!) I then bought my first house which ment I had to see my S3 and get a diesel!

After 2 years without the S3 I just wanted another one! I really missed it! I had all my house finances sorted and realised that I could get a used one with the money I had left over each month! So I picked up a used one and here I am.

I suppose it helps that I don't have kids also!

Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
jedi-knight83 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me LOL

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am being serious /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Haha, I have both - the blonde and the S3.

I am actually a student myself. I got my Degree at Manchester last year and am finishing a PGCE teacher training course in September.

Training aside, that doesn't really bring in the bread. I do work twice a week (4 hours an evening). I have my own Karate Club.

I'd better get on the phone to my Mum and see if she'll have me back then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

im 22 and with greenlight. mods are covered for free, its a 100 pounds for a re maped engine and all mods will be replaced if the cars claimed for. you can mod an s3 when ur under 25.
oh yea and im a pilot! thats how i can afford one at my age.;-)

I'm 33 and would mod til the cows come home if I wasn't so mechanically inept or could be ar$ed taking it somewhere like AmD.
I would draw the line at body kit though, I prefer the standard look.

Phew, I don't feel quite so bad now... At least if it is sad i'm not alone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, BTW My 19" BBS CH's should be here tomorrow after a nightmare trying to get them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif If they arrive early enough i'll get them fitted tomorrow as well, if not it'll be on Sat...

Ade

Never to old to mod,
I was 31 on the 15th and became a dad for the first time on the 13th.
My baby girls first book will be a haynes manual for a vx chevette for when I get a vx chevette HSR.

[ QUOTE ]
highlander1 said:
Never to old to mod,
I was 31 on the 15th and became a dad for the first time on the 13th.
My baby girls first book will be a haynes manual for a vx chevette for when I get a vx chevette HSR.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif, My 1st Car was a brown Vauxhall Chevette saloon with 15" Wolfrase slots /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I thought it was the bee's knees at the time....

My one was a red 84 3 door hatchback, It had rostyle wheels on it, Manta brakes and 2 twin choke carbs on it. If I could get it back I would as I have a lot of good memories of that car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif