Audi A3 Anti Roll Bushes.

Audi-Power

Reaction score
2003 8L

im just wondering were i can get the correct bushes for the anti roll bar.

apparently if you remove the old standard bushes and re fit with the new standard bushes they dont fit as good - can anyone confirm this.?
something to do with some plastic breaking leaving the new bushes that bit extra room to still knock when replaced ?

it does sound like i would need smaller bushes but were to look - not a clue :uhm:

hope you can help

thanks

Never heard of this. Normal replacement bushes should fit fine.

I've done this twice on mine and had no knocking. There's a metal housing the bush sits in, as long as you do not bend this loose it should be fine. Don't know what this plastic thing you refer to is...

I've had no problems, a bit awkward getting them in as they are tight but no knocking afterwards. Job's a goodun!

hi

thanks for the replies

i went to buy some standard bushes but the guy mentioned that they wont fit because when the old ones are removed there is a plastic sleeve on the end of the bar what the bush slides onto what breaks when you remove them ??

fitting the new bushes then would leave that gap were the sleeve should be.

he did mention that it was a design fault and the newer bar doesn't have this problem you just fit the bush tight onto the bar ?

i have never seen anything im talking about , totally new to this so im unsure what to buy.